New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Permissions: File and network

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
drewbb

Permissions: File and network

Post by drewbb »

Hi all

I have a 500GB USB HDD which when connected to my PC works as it should, read write etc.

Now I have got my B2 working I connected it via that.

If I access Home, for example, via a webpage, as admin and user, I get a login, which works, and I can access download etc but cannot change permissions from read only.

In File manager I have two options to access the files:

Option 1:
MS Windows Network - Excito - Bubba -
Home (this requires a login, both Admin and my user login and the passwords are not recognised)
Storage - extern - Disk_0 (which I can see, read only, everything)
Also under storage is Music, Pictures and Video and anything placed there is automatically made read only. However I can change the properties from read only, for example a photo album in Pictures, only for it to come back again.

Option 2:
Under Network Places - storage on bubba Miniserver (Bubba)
Storage - extern - Disk_0 (which I can see, read only, everything)
Also under storage is Music, Pictures and Video and anything placed there is automatically made read only. However I can change the properties from read only, for example a photo album in Pictures, only for it to come back again.

I actually want Option 1 so each user in the family has to login to access their home folder, but what I really want is to change the permissions!

I have not attempted to access it yet via my Linux box just Windows for now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Drew
Binkem

Re: Permissions: File and network

Post by Binkem »

Drew, you are posting on the Bubba (B1) form. Please move your threads to the B2/B3 forum.

Thanks,

Martijn
drewbb

Re: Permissions: File and network

Post by drewbb »

Sorry