New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

update mysql

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Rawhead

update mysql

Post by Rawhead »

Hello! is there anyone who could tell me how I updated for the latest version of mysql.
RandomUsername

Re: update mysql

Post by RandomUsername »

Good luck with that. Assuming you do only own a Bubba 1 and haven't posted in the wrong forum, I suspect you're going to get into dependency hell very quickly if you attempt this.
Rawhead

Post by Rawhead »

ok! it was a mature response ...
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

It seems randomusername has been filling the ubi-style comments while I was away. Good job!

Thus, it's no more than fair for me to trade places and give the randomusername-style response:

Hi Rawhead
No, sorry, updating mysql to the lastest version on a B1 is near impossible. Not only are there many dependencies to consider for which there are no updated packages, but also the systems requirements for this latest version of mysql are not within the specs for a B1.

cheers
Ubi
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound anything but helpful and informative. I really must have been channelling Ubi :)
Rawhead

Post by Rawhead »

Ok thx boys :wink:
time to buy B3 then
RIP B1 :cry:
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I love my B1 for all kinds of things like monitoring my network servers. Or, stick a large PATA drive in it, hide it at the neighbors or in the shed and use Rsync to duplicate your stuff for when your house gets robbed.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:I love my B1 for all kinds of things like monitoring my network servers. Or, stick a large PATA drive in it, hide it at the neighbors or in the shed and use Rsync to duplicate your stuff for when your house gets robbed.
My B1 is at work, doing exactly that, rsync:ing once every night. Most of the stuff in the B3 don't need backup (movies can be re-downloaded if my house burns to the ground), but the 300GB in my B1 fits all my family photos and videos without problem.

/Daniel