New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Torrent problem

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Kalle

Torrent problem

Post by Kalle »

I unpacked my Bubba today and updated the firmware. Everything seems great but I must be doing something wrong with the download manager.
When I add torrents to be downloaded the whole web interface freezes and I have to restart the bubba to use it again. However, sometimes (1/10) it works. What do I do wrong?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi Kalle,

This sounds very strange. Iit seems like the download application, ftd crashes.

But we need some more detail on when its failing. Is it regardless of which torrents you use? Is there any difference in handling when it works and when it fails?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

I think I have figured out why it doesn't work. I guess the torrent client needs login cookies for some sites. Is it possible to overcome this problem?

I also noticed that when I try to limit the upload speed, it has increased when I look at the page again. For example 1 KB/S becomes 1024 KB/S, etc.
tor

Post by tor »

Kalle,

Is it possible for you to try the latest upgrade, 0.50.1, and see if that makes any difference? (The faulty reported throttle should also be fixed in that)

/Tor
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Well, now the ftd doesn't crash anymore :).
However, the torrent won't download. When I add the the torrent in uTorrent via "add from url" it doesn't work either and it says "HTTP error 404".
I'm not very skilled in these matters but from what I have read in other forums I think I need to, somehow, have a cookie id and password. The tracker used is oink.cd. Perhaps there is a simple walkthrough to implement support for the cookie id and psw in the ftd?

I also use another tracker which won't start any traffic, even though the torrent seems to load appropriatly. Is there a way to see any error reporting, i e I guess the tracker reports what is wrong? I got a suggestion that the ftd might use banned ports (6881-6889), could this be the problem?

Thanks for quick replies and excellent support!
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Hi Kalle

Not all torrents are reliable, some are corrupt. It seems you're blaming it on ftd, whereas it need not be. Did you try an alternative (non-cookoie / password ) torrent? For instance: can you download one of these? http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ?
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi Ubi,
Thanks for your input. The ftd works perfectly with most trackers, but I have problems with my favourite ones and I'm trying to find a solution for these.
Filip

Post by Filip »

It is because oink dissallow the torrent client that is used in the Bubba.
Log in to your accunt at oink at look in the forum for the thread "Bittorrent Clients Allowed/Disallowed List". There you have the complete list of allowed/disallowed clients.

The only clients for linux that they allow are:
- Azureus * Recommended Client (at least version 2.3.0.0)
- BitTornado
- BitTorrent
- Transmission (at least version 0.72).
- btpd
- Deluge (at least version 0.4).
- kTorrent (at least version 2.1).
- rTorrent
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Filip, libtorrent is not recommended, however it is allowed.

Tor, I used this script (found it at another forum):
#! /bin/sh
wget --header="Cookie:id=xxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxxxx" $1 -P ~/torrents

and now it works with that tracker! (my first encounter with this stuff) I guess I have to find out how to implement it into the web interface. Any suggestions? However, when I use the script it seems to try to download the files multiple times. Not perfect yet...

The problem with other private trackers still remains. I guess the thing they got in common is that they are all based on TBDev.net's code.

regards /Erik
Filip

Post by Filip »

Kalle wrote:Filip, libtorrent is not recommended, however it is allowed.
ah, ok! I understand!
I thought so because I didn't get it to work at first, even when I downloaded the torrent file locally and then added it to the bubba.

But, now I got it to work with oink-torrents!

1. Download the torrent-file to your bubba web-directory
2. Point the location of the torrent file in the download manager to: http://bubba/"name of torrent".torrent
3. Enjoy!
tor

Post by tor »

Regarding private trackers. Since there is no common way to interface those it will be problematic for us to support these. We will however take a peek into the possibilities to set specific cookies, as that should be quite easily done.

Filip, just to clarify, You cant get the download to work if you paste the url into the download manager nor when downloading the torrent file on your PC and then put it in the torrent dir at bubba. But downloading the torrent and placing it in the web folder and then add that URL to the download manager works?

/Tor
Filip

Post by Filip »

tor wrote:Filip, just to clarify, You cant get the download to work if you paste the url into the download manager nor when downloading the torrent file on your PC and then put it in the torrent dir at bubba. But downloading the torrent and placing it in the web folder and then add that URL to the download manager works?

/Tor
You cant get the download to work if you paste the url into the download manager
Correct
nor when downloading the torrent file on your PC and then put it in the torrent dir at bubba
I haven't tried that, since I can't find the mythicat 'torrent-directory' - where is it?
But downloading the torrent and placing it in the web folder and then add that URL to the download manager works
Correct
tor

Post by tor »

Hi again Filip,

Ok, that answers my question. I thought it failed when put in the torrent directory but succeded when you put it in the web folder and then pointed the dl-manager there. Which in practice should be the same thing.

The torrent dir should be located in your home folder fx /home/filip/torrents saving the torrent file there should automatically start the download of the torrent content.

/Tor