New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

[almost solved] torrent seems to freeze bubba?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
dsp76

[almost solved] torrent seems to freeze bubba?

Post by dsp76 »

Hi,
I try to use the torrent on this page: http://www.tuxdistro.com/torrents-details.php?id=398

But whenever I added the torrent file to my torrent directory, bubba reacts like frozen, and download won't start - even with that many sources...

Anything I missed?

dsp76
Last edited by dsp76 on 08 Sep 2007, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi dsp76,

I tried this torrent, putting it in the 'torrents' folder, and nothing went wrong.

Regards.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi dsp76,

I also have tried the torrent and it works for me to. Could you contact us at support@excito.com if this persists and we will try to figure out what is wrong.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
dsp76

Post by dsp76 »

Hi,
an update on this. I emptied both the whole download folder and the torrent folder. After that no ftd crashed happened anymore.

Furthermore an interesting finding, why some torrents don't actually start. Some websites seem to have implemented some registration, before the torrent works... I needed to use LYNX as browser on bubba, to sign into the website, accept the cookie and the torrent started to download!

Havn't checked yet, but if your bubba and your PC are behind the same router, it should maybe also work with (as its the same IP outside).

Good luck
dsp76
dsp76

Post by dsp76 »

I tried it:
It doesn't work - as it looks like, the cookie need to be placed at the bubba. So lynx seem to be the only way to start a download in that cases...

dsp76