New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Logging in from outside

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ian

Logging in from outside

Post by ian »

Having finally managed to set up my router to allow me to log in to my bubba from outside, I have noticed that sometimes after successfully logging in, I am not able to actually do anything on the bubba. I get the following message:

Access deined. (should say Access denied!!)
You are not authorized to view this page.

I appear to be logged on, but am prevented in some way from doing what I want. I have noticed that even when this is occurring on my work PC, I can log in and access my bubba from my mobile phone. Is the problem caused by the security settings on my work computer? If so, is there anything I can do about it, especially as it doesn't always give problems?

Cheers, Ian.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi ian,

This sounds very strange. Does this happen regardless from where you try to access your Bubba ? Sounds like there is something in the setup that makes this happen.

(Thx for pointing out the typo :D that must have been there for a very long time unnoticed..)

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
pa

Post by pa »

Hi Ian,

One thing that came into our minds was that we are setting a cookie in the authorization process. If you are blocking these, you will most likely see this message.

/PA
ian

Post by ian »

Hi pa,
I had actually just had the same thought. By accepting cookies from my home IP address, I was able to log onto my bubba and access the file manager, so the problem is solved.

The strange thing was that I had *sometimes* been able to access the file manager, even before I changed the security settings...

Cheers, Ian.
Pete

Re: Logging in from outside

Post by Pete »

I'm having excatly the same problem. Now have my Bubba set up but if I access it externally from the web I can succesfully log in but if I try and do anything I get Access Deined. I'm not blocking cookies so any other ideas?

Help Please I need this up and running before I depart the country this Saturday and I'll be desperate to be able to access it from then on

Pete
ian wrote:Having finally managed to set up my router to allow me to log in to my bubba from outside, I have noticed that sometimes after successfully logging in, I am not able to actually do anything on the bubba. I get the following message:

Access deined. (should say Access denied!!)
You are not authorized to view this page.

I appear to be logged on, but am prevented in some way from doing what I want. I have noticed that even when this is occurring on my work PC, I can log in and access my bubba from my mobile phone. Is the problem caused by the security settings on my work computer? If so, is there anything I can do about it, especially as it doesn't always give problems?

Cheers, Ian.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

What user name are you trying to login externally with? The 'admin' one, or one you've created?
Pete

Post by Pete »

I've tried both admin and a user the results are the same

Pete
GaryL wrote:What user name are you trying to login externally with? The 'admin' one, or one you've created?
tor

Post by tor »

Pete,

Could you describe the environment you use when accessing bubba from the "outside"? I know its a bit vague. The only way this could happen is if cookies somehow does not work. That would give you exactly that symptoms you describe. The login would succed but then all access would fail,

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
jesperw

Post by jesperw »

I am getting the same error message on Bubba Server. I have 0 space available at this point. Can this have something to do with it?

Thanks and keep up the good work in developing a great product!

/Jesper
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
jesperw

Post by jesperw »

Deleted some files via FTP and I can now access Bubba again. :-)
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.