New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Download manager - how add???

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Hammer

Download manager - how add???

Post by Hammer »

Ok, a third newbie question: how do I get the d/l mgr to download anything?

Tried for instance (just to test the functionality, the files would of course have been deleted when I saw it was working) this file since it had a lot of seeders:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3829294/The ... p.XviD-aAF

Pasted that into the download field and pushed the globe. (Add from URL)

Nothing, zip, zilch, nada is happening.

Como?

And another thing; where do the files end up? I can't find anywhere how to configure that.

*sigh* I hate being ignorant.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hammer,

You should add the link to the actual torrent file, in your case. Right click the "download this torrent" and choose copy link, and paste that link.

I agree, this isn't obvious. We are working on improving the users manual on this.

Good luck!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi Hammer,

Johannes is right. The link you used is just a plain html page. The matching torrent will be : http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/382929 ... PB.torrent

Regards,
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Ok, then I understand, thanks.

A follow-up question: How hard is it to do what I tried to do?

To be precise; pasting an URL an getting the D/L manager to retrieve all torrents on that page.

Would be a sweet function I think.

Cheers.
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi Hammer,

What you suggest is close to impossible for every website. It could only be added website by website.

Most of the time, the links to torrent's files do not have a .torrent extension.
Here is the web page of a torrent on Mininova:And here is the link to the actual torrent file: Here is the web page of a torrent on Pirate Bay:The link to the actual torrent will be: If you know the structure of the website, you can parse a webpage and, sometime, guess the link to the torrent itself. But it doesn't always work...

Anyway you'll need another form on the web-admin interface, saying something like 'parse this url': you don't really want to parse everything you download...

I hope I was clear, I'm pretty tired...
Regards
bubbalibre

Re: Download manager - how add???

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi again,

I'm sorry I just saw your second question.
Hammer wrote:And another thing; where do the files end up? I can't find anywhere how to configure that.
The downloads are in your profile on the Bubba, in a folder named 'downloads'. As Bubba's working with GNU/Linux, it has a *nix file system. If your username is hammer, you'll find the downloads there:

Code: Select all

/home/hammer/downloads
Regards again.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Thanks bubbalibre, I understand.

Great little download hack btw!