New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problems deleting files - "Access is denied"

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
neilg

Problems deleting files - "Access is denied"

Post by neilg »

Hi all

I've got a problem with files in \\bubba\storage. Unless I logon on as admin, I can't delete files (I get an access denied message). Then, if I am logged on as admin, I can't then access private data in the root of the user account.

I've tried it from both Vista and XP, and restarted the bubba, neither with any luck.

Any suggestions? - Thanks!
neilg

Post by neilg »

Should also mention that I can read files, add files and modify files all OK, it is just deleting them that is the problem ....
johannes

Post by johannes »

Dear neilg,

I have tried to repeat your symptom, but can't seem to do that. Please describe more in detail what you are doing, how do you upload that file? Through windows/samba, and logged in as who? Or through the web file manager, download manager, FTP or something else?

And, if I understand correctly, do you try to delete it from a windows xp machine, logged on as your normal user? And it works if you log on as 'admin'?

Thanks, I hope we can solve this.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
neilg

Post by neilg »

Hi Johannes

Set out, on a logical basis, to re-create the scenario that was causing my problems and now I can't recreate it myself! It looks like we can't take this one any further. My problems occurred just after I had uploaded a lot of data, and I notice that the Bubba's hard disk keeps going after the upload is finished. Might this have something to do with it?

Neil
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ok, strange. I don't know what that disk activity might have been, perhaps something completely different, like an UPnP server re-scan? Hard to say. Get back again if you see the error again. :)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Pressurized

Post by Pressurized »

neilg wrote:I notice that the Bubba's hard disk keeps going after the upload is finished.
The bubba's disk doesn't spin down by default. The designers reckon that this is better than it spinning down on a timer then powering up on network activity. Starts and stops wear it out more than continuous running.
marcel23

Problem deleting files

Post by marcel23 »

I've got the same problem. When i try to delete a file in the filemanager option, i get a access denied message. Through explorer and webbased.

Is there a solution ?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

How did the file get there?
Who is the owner?
What are the permissions?
The issue here is also that you're deleting from your home dir, which by UNIX standard is fully deletable no matter what. This is built into the kernel itself.
marcel23

Post by marcel23 »

It was put there by bubba using the download option (torrent file). Download was through an added user (not admin). Permissions (in windows explorer) are read only, but explorer can''t change them. Not through the added user or as the admin user. Other files can be deleted (in the same directory).
tor

Post by tor »

Hi marcel23,

This sounds strange.

Which version do you run? Latest 0.51.2?

Is the problem reproducable?

Exactly how do you reproduce this?

Fx, logged i as X did you upload a torrent into Xs torrent directory. And then you am unable to delete the downloaded content in Xs download dir?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
marcel23

Post by marcel23 »

i´m using 0.51.2-1. I can't reproduce this (have tried it with other torrents, but i can delete them).

The directory is also invalid when i use the command box in windows. The rest of the directories (private etc.) i can read. Maybe this is a part of the problem ?
marcel23

Post by marcel23 »

Got it again. I login through IE (normal user, not admin) and choose the download option. I paste the link of an torrent file and click on add. The torrent file is added, but no seeds are there. I choose to clear the torrent file. The download is cancelled and removed from the screen. In the directory download, the directory isn't removed (don't know if this is an option). When i want to remove the directory, i get the message that access is denied. Maybe the download proces isn't stopped ?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi.

Ok, thats reproducable, a bug on our half. The files will be owned by root. We will add this to our bug list and hopefully it will be fixed in next update. Thx for notifying us.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Björn

Post by Björn »

Me the same problem, as su do
rm -r 'directory'
is the only thing that seems to work.
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

Same problem here :(
Please fix soon :D
8)