New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Very slow filetransfers when wireless

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
vecka53

Post by vecka53 »

Hello!

I have tried to use my Bubba wireless with an AP in repeater mode and it works, but filetransfers to my Bubba from other computers on my LAN are very slow (3kB/s and dropping).

When i connected another PC to the AP used for the Bubba, it worked very well with fast filetransfers.

Any ideas?

Does the Bubba overload the WiFi-connection with something? (I know that torrents can slow down a WLAN so other PCs can't even browse the internet, when using an ADSL-connection). But when I try to transfer files my Bubba is idle (no torrent transfers). Any network settings in the Bubba I can tweak?

Thanks in advance!

//Markus
vecka53

Post by vecka53 »

Hello again!

This is an update of my previous post;

My network setup is this: Bubba-WiFi_AP-WiFi-AP-Router-PC/Mac

I normally use my iMac G5 (OS X 10.4.11) and Firefox. I use the filemanager in Bubba's web-interface and now I suddenly get about 14 kB/s upload speed and about 800 kB/s download speed! Upload-speed is still very slow but why much slower then the download-speed?

I also tried a PC with Win2000 and Internet Explorer instead of the iMac. Upload-speed increased to 40 kB/s and download-speed increased to 1 MB/s.

Then I tried my iMac again with scp and got an upload-speed at 40 kB/s but i noticed that it stalls alot!

Lastly I connected my Laptop-PC with WinXP to the Bubba with an ethernet-switch (100Mbit) between. Then both download- and uploadspeed were great!

I know that the WiFi-link slows everything down, but when I can download files from the Bubba at about 1 MB/s, why do I get these very slow upload-speeds? Anyone?

/Markus
vecka53

Slow filetransfers with Mac!

Post by vecka53 »

Hi!

I have now tested a PC with Windows XP instead of my Mac with OS X. Upload-speed is about 135 kB/s. My conclusion is that the problem isn't the wireless connection but in fact the use of a Mac with OS X (10.4.11) together with the Bubba!

Anyone else with transfer-speed-problems between a Mac with OS X and Bubba?

/Markus