New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

MediaTomb Problem with duplicate songs

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
wilko10

MediaTomb Problem with duplicate songs

Post by wilko10 »

Hi
I have recently got a bubba and am having a problem with Mediatomb. All the tracks/songs are duplicated-2 copies of every song- I have done a full scan again from within mediatomb and it hasn't solved the problem.

All my media is uploaded fine and I have checked there is only one copy of each track in the music storage area.

Anyone any ideas what may have happened and how to fix it!!

Regards

Nicki
eeeuser1

Post by eeeuser1 »

Yeah, I got that too.

I copied most stuff up via FTP as administrator by mistake and could not manipulate the files in day to day use.

So I logged on as admin, deleted it all and re-copied up.
However mediatomb had indexed most of the stuff as admin by then, It then added it again as a normal user, hence the duplication.

Can we just delete the database somehow?
Can someone advise?

Thanks
J
ringmod

Post by ringmod »

Could it be that you have some kind of playlists in your folders? Some scanners pick up and open eg m3u-files, and if they contain references to the same files they are added one more time...
wilko10

Post by wilko10 »

Theres no playlists in the folders, but it was a good idea to try.

I don't really want to delete everything and start again as I have a large amount of songs.

If I could just delete them from the list mediatomb has and rescan that may fix it? but I don't know the right way to do that.

Nicki
wilko10

Post by wilko10 »

Well I've fixed it now.

I found the deb for mediatomb at http://update.excito.net/pool/

and extracted it (it's just a zipped file basically) found the control files which tell you where everything is installed.

found the XML config file from that and it had the database path in it!

which is /var/db/sqlite3.db I seem to remember.

So stop the service via the web interface, log in with ssh, delete the file, restart the service in web interface.

And it totally rebuilds from scratch. No errors now

Hope it may be useful to others.

Nicki