New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Map Network Shares within Bubba?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
GaryL

Map Network Shares within Bubba?

Post by GaryL »

Hi Guys

I want to be able to browse my NasLite (linux based) file server shares from Bubba’s web-admin File Manager app, so I can access files when I’m out and about.

My idea would be to create a folder called NetworkShares in my private user area like so:
/home/garyl/private/NetworkShares/
And then within in this have mapped network shares. Is this possible?

Gary,
Eek

Post by Eek »

of course

you can use samba or smbfs to create the mounts to the NasLite.
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/165
Or as you say NasLite is linux based, you could use NFS mounts.

cheers
Eek
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

If you're running NASlite, then why not mount the shares by nfs. In some cases this is more fault-tolerant than samba shares
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Just had a look at NFS mounting.

If I go down the route of specifying the mount in fstab.
Is this a valid/recommended entry:

Taken from http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/nfs.htm

Code: Select all

192.168.0.19:/Disk-1 /home/garyl/private/Network Shares/NASLite/Disk1 nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid 0 0
My NASLite server doesn't do permissions. All files are available to all users connected to the network. And I don’t really want to lock files down to a specific user when I access it through Bubba.

I have tried reading up in fstab mounting options. But its all a bit hazy for me. And I'm not quite sure whats right for me.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I just mount them with almost no options. Here is my line from /etc/fstab:

Code: Select all

192.168.0.13:/shares/Main/Music           /mnt/netcenter/Music/           nfs     rw,user         1       2
I would strongly advice against using spaces inside UNIX folders. You'll need to escape them or else fstab will go gaga. Better not use them at all.