New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

I crashed my Bubba :(

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
GettinSadda

I crashed my Bubba :(

Post by GettinSadda »

I was hoping that my new Bubba would be lovely and rock solid...

However, today I tried to run 7 simultaneous ftp downloads on it at the same time. After a while the web-admin interface stopped responding and the files on disk were not growing any more.

I tried restarting Apache and that let me log into the admin interface again, but it got stuck again on the downloads page :cry:

Oh well, at least it out-lasted the various PCs I have here that need rebooting every couple of days - the Bubba lasted about a week.

P.S. I doubt it is related, but I did get quite a few of these when adding downloads:
Warning: Division by zero in /usr/share/web-admin/dllist.php on line 10
This seems to be related to it trying to figure out a percentage done when it does not yet know the size of the file
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Interresting that you got the downloader to crash with ftp-downloads. Something we will have to look into. Is there any pattern when it happens? A sure way to get it to fail?

Regarding the errormessage. Thats a minor, known, bug in the web-ui. Its when a download has not yet been started and we try to sort it in the dl-list. Will be fixed in a future release.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
GettinSadda

Post by GettinSadda »

I have not been able to repeat it but I will keep an eye on it. Interestingly when the downloader was dead I could still log in from a different machine (or a different browser) but as soon as I went to the mail page or the download page it stopped. Trying to get the same browser to log in again failed so there may be something session related.

If it helps, the download page did not crash as "hard" as the mail page. With the mail page just clicking on "Mail" would cause that session to stop responding, but clicking on "Downloads" brought up just the "Add new download" box with its text box and button. Clicking this button would hang the session.

I su-ed in and deleted the partial files and I restarted the downloads. It all worked the second time, but I am not sure that I had all 7 downloads running at once the second time because I was a little more cautious.

No big problem here, but I am so pleased with my Bubba that I wanted it to be perfect :D

Now all we need is a faster, cheaper model with more memory that takes less power :wink: