New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Sending email problem

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
paolol61

Sending email problem

Post by paolol61 »

Hi, i try to use the new setting for the email but is not keeping the user name and password, only the server name is keeped correctly.
In the username box i get "no match " ????
Thanks,
paolol
8)
tor

Post by tor »

Hi paolol61,

This sounds like a bug on our sid. My guess is that your username, the one you enterd has some strange characters in it? We accept a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and the character _.

Does your username contain something else?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

hi Tor,
thanks for the reply.
the name have a mix of A-z 0-9 and .
password only A-z and 0-9
when I imput the data all seem OK , but if I go back to the page on the name field show "no match"
Any suggestion or Idea on whats is going wrong ?
Thanks,
paolol
hooper35

Post by hooper35 »

I have to use my email address for SMTP authentication. If I read your posts correctly, I cannot use the @ symbol, therefore I cannot use my Bubba for smtp. Is that correct?
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

HI as far as I can see the problem is still not solved :(
Eek

Post by Eek »

hooper35 wrote:I have to use my email address for SMTP authentication. If I read your posts correctly, I cannot use the @ symbol, therefore I cannot use my Bubba for smtp. Is that correct?
No not correct, just means that at present, you can not use the web-interface for configuring the mail.
But you can edit the config files and make it work.
Cheers
Eek