New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Hundreds FTD port requests when not downloading or seeding?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
GaryL

Hundreds FTD port requests when not downloading or seeding?

Post by GaryL »

Hi Guys

Just a question in regards to FTD.

I use the downloader in web-admin to download torrents now and again. It’s been about 2 weeks since I last used it.

But on looking at the log file on my Router, it is filled with following:

Mon, 2008-03-31 05:25:04 - UDP Packet - Source:222.84.3.175,24096 Destination:###.###.###.###,10000 - [Bubba FTD rule match]
Mon, 2008-03-31 05:25:04 - TCP Packet - Source:67.55.170.121,62021 Destination:###.###.###.###,10000 - [Bubba FTD rule match]
(###.###.###.### = My external IP)

Is this normal? Should there be requests even though I’m not downloading or seeding anything?

Many Thanks
Gary
tor

Post by tor »

Hi Gary,

It could be that DHT support is enabled, which it really should not. DHT uses a lot of network resources even if one does not download and seed. Thats one of the reasons for it not being enabled by default in new installations.

If you have the possibility could you look into the ftd config file. /etc/ftd/ftdconfig.ini and make sure there is a line like this

Code: Select all

dhtsupport=false
in the torrent section.

If not add it and restart ftd.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks tor will check this afternoon. Although its not something that I would ever changed in the first place.

Oldly I still get those logs even though I've logged into web-admin (as admin) and deselected 'Up and downloads'.
aliquis

Post by aliquis »

tor wrote:If you have the possibility could you look into the ftd config file. /etc/ftd/ftdconfig.ini and make sure there is a line like this

Code: Select all

dhtsupport=false
in the torrent section.
Hi tor!

So, you are saying that DHT support should be deactivated by default? I have not tampered with /etc/ftd/ftdconfig.ini, but still, the dhtsupport line is not there.

/Anders
tor

Post by tor »

Regarding DHT,

In previous updates we had DHT enabled by default and shipped a config that disabled that. Unfortunately that config where not installed on old upgrades. (This was a mistake on our side) Thus some of you with upgrades from older versions unfortunately got DHT enabled even though i should not have been so.

The last firmware, 0.52.2, upgrade changes that and from now on the default when config entry is missing is to disable DHT.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer