New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

iSCSI support

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
C.Igar

iSCSI support

Post by C.Igar »

Hi,

I'm considering buying a bubba2 server, but it would be great if it supported iSCSI. I can't find anything on the forum, has anyone ever tried it? Since it's based on linux, I would think so. Is it also possible to do your own disk partitioning?

thanx.
RandomUsername

Re: iSCSI support

Post by RandomUsername »

C.Igar wrote:Hi,

I'm considering buying a bubba2 server, but it would be great if it supported iSCSI. I can't find anything on the forum, has anyone ever tried it? Since it's based on linux, I would think so. Is it also possible to do your own disk partitioning?

thanx.
Hi,

You're better off posting this in the Bubba 2 forum, this forum is for the Bubba 1 and doesn't see as much traffic.

I don't know about iSCSI but I don't think you can do your own partitioning per se (i.e. you can't boot it from a live CD). However, Bubba 2 does use lvm, so you can set up extra logical volumes. For example, I shrank my storage volume and then created a volume that I encrypted with luks.
C.Igar

Re: iSCSI support

Post by C.Igar »

Thank you, the fact that it uses LVM looks promising. I'll repost the iSCSI question in the bubba2 forum.