New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Lenny image and how to proceed

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
Ubi

Re: Lenny image and how to proceed

Post by Ubi »

Tor: thanks for uploading the new mediatomb package. Is this a package that can be obtained via apt-get update? If not, please state how to install this software.
tor

Post by tor »

Ubi,

An

Code: Select all

apt-get update 
apt-get upgrade

hopefully should do the trick. If not do a

Code: Select all

apt-get install mediatomb-common mediatomb-daemon
/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

I've uploaded new versions of the bubba-package and mt-daapd. These should hopefully fix the issues with mt-daapd and avahi announcements disappearing. Further more transcoding is disabled in mt-daapd and it should now announce itself as Firefly on "hostname" instead of Bubba|TWO.

Please let me know of any regressions.

/Tor
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I don't own a media streamer so I can't do a full test, but the upgraded version of MediaTomb did not have permission problems and the Firefly web-interface announces itslef as firefly

Ubi
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Do you mean if you just type "shutdown now"? Try adding -h to halt the system too. This isn't a bug, using shutdown without any other flags puts the box into single user mode (runlevel 1).

[EDIT]somehow posted this on the wrong thread I think. :S

[EDIT 2]No I didn't. Was directed at Ubi on 5th October.
Last edited by RandomUsername on 11 Oct 2010, 17:18, edited 2 times in total.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Uploaded new version of the bubba package, version 1.0.5. This should hopefully fix the problems with setting network config from web admin. I have tested this briefly and it seems to work, but test with some precaution.

/Tor
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I was aware of the -h option. It does not help

Ubi
Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi everyone,

A silly question. Now that I have some time, I am about to scrub a hard-drive and reinstall the Lenny Image from scratch on my test b1.

I assume that I still get the bubba.img file from http://update.excito.net/install/latest ... ver-lenny/ (19-May-2009 13:07 180M).

If so, what should be in the /etc/apt/sources.list file to get the latest distributions?

--Tim
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

[root@bubba:/etc]$ apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
bubba
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 740kB of archives.
After this operation, 4096B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Get:1 http://b1.update.excito.org stable/main bubba 1.0.5 [740kB]
Fetched 740kB in 1s (402kB/s)
(Reading database ... 17771 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bubba 1.0.4 (using .../archives/bubba_1.0.5_all.deb) ...
Enable allmulti on eth0
Unpacking replacement bubba ...
Setting up bubba (1.0.5) ...
Restarting web server: apache2 ... waiting .
update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/bubba-cfg missing LSB information
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>

Enable allmulti on eth0
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

I just uploaded version 1.0.6 of the Bubba package. This should hopefully resolve the issue with fetchmail not starting as it should. You might have to remove and add any fetcmail jobs in the UI for this fix to take effect.

Regarding shutdown. If you issue a shutdown -h now it really should shut down the system and the led should stop blinking. The problem is that under some circumstances there might be a failure to spin down the disk.

When shutting down the unit via web ui it should however shut down properly.

Tim, regarding sources. The one provided in the image should be fine. We only have one repository for b1-lenny.

ctoo, regarding the avahi check for a .local domain I will have to check that some more. Am I correct in that the check always fail due to the wrong version of host? It would seem like a quick fix would be to just change AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL to 0 in /etc/default/avahi-daemon and remove any stale /var/run/avahi-daemon files. Could anyone confirm or dismiss this?

Does anyone have any further regressions between the Sarge and Lenny spin for B1?

/Tor
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

i tried the new version and it installs without issues. Have not tried all services yet.

What magic command comes out of the web-based shutdown that it does spin down my HD, but giving the shutdown -h command does not?

Ubi
ctoo

Post by ctoo »

Hi tor,

Concerning the AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL setting in /etc/default/avahi-daemon, see the following post:
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... t=15#p9617

So, yes, setting AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL to 0 will probably fix it in most case (note the warning related to this written in /etc/default/avahi-daemon).
Boy

Post by Boy »

Hi,

unfortunately I couldn´t test the lenny image, because there was and is family business. I might be able to mess around with it in the next weeks....

Just wanted to ask what the current status is? I think the lenny image http://update.excito.net/install/latest ... ver-lenny/ is not yet official, but doesn´t contain any bugs?

Best Regards
Boy