New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Another approach to downloading

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.

Should the warm and cuddly people at Excito develop something like this for the next update?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10

obrut

Another approach to downloading

Post by obrut »

How about ftd automatically checks a certain directory on the bubba for torrent-files and starts download as soon as it finds anything?

When the files are downloaded they are kept shared for a predefined time or ratio - then moved to a completed directory (and the torrent file is deleted/moved at the same moment).

If the bubba restarts during download it will, obviously, automatically resume the download.

And, on top of all this, wouldn't it be really nice if someone, writes a scriplet for let's say FireFox, which allows you to right click a torrent link and choose "Save to Bubba" (maybe this scriplet is already written and just waiting for the good people at Excito to make all Bubbaistas want it and start using it?)?

Doesn't that sound like a whopping piece of interface?

Keep up the good work!
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

As a quick reply to this.

The next upgrade of ftd will, most likely, contain much of this. In the works are resume download on restart and also the feature to download using torrents saved in a specific directory.

Regarding the scriptlets, this is one of our favorite wanted features. We just havnt had time to implement it. (There are quite a few of these...) And since you mention it we might as well talk about what we want to do regarding this.

A scriptlet/greasemonkey script, or even better a plugin to firefox or IE that will let you right-click a link and choose "Download this with/at my Bubba" Doing this would be dead simple with the implementation we have today. (And if anyone is interested in start development on this we will of course help you as much as we can)

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
wiggin

Post by wiggin »

I also have a suggestion,

I really would like a queue function. Meaning that you can add torrents to download but they don't auto start. Instead the user can start the torrent when appropriate.

To extend this feature it would be nice if it were possible for bubba to auto queue downloads. The user's sets max simultaneous downloads and uploads. If I set this to 3/3 then bubba only download/seed 3 files at the same time and when one file is completed it start with a new one.

It also would be nice to be able to change destination folder for files individually.
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

I'd also really like to see the ability to download password protected files. So when I queue up a new download, Bubba realises that it's being challenged and prompts for the username and password. Unless I can somehow get around this by passing it in the url...must try that...
val1984

Post by val1984 »

I'm not sure but try protocol://login:password@url :)
martin

windows batch

Post by martin »

For Windows XP I solved the download to bubba from Firefox/IE with a simple one line batch script.

Code: Select all

copy %1 "\\bubba\storage\torrents\%~nx1"
Create download_with_bubba.bat and paste the line into it. Then associate torrent files with it by clicking "Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types -> New" in Windows Explorer. Enter torrent in the file type box then click ok and choose to open it with download_with_bubba.bat.

I had some problems overriding utorrents windows integration so I had to uninstall it to get the association to work.

In Mac OS and Linux/*BSD a shell script should be able to give the same functionality without much effort required.