New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Solar powered?

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
yooakim

Solar powered?

Post by yooakim »

I really, really like my bubba. And today I read this piece on the swedish magazine IDG's webpage:

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.133819

Since the BUBBA only consumes very little power one way to reach a larger audience may be to look into a solar-powred solution?

If BUBBA would be positioned as an environmentally friendly server it would make the life better.

It would be so nice to be able to be "green" while being a computer user... :-)

/Joakim
p.s. I understand this can't be fixed right away but put it on a wishlist. d.s.
cavinsmither

Re: Solar powered?

Post by cavinsmither »

Its really very good to know power saver because it have quality to save the energy and because of its use there is not any bed effect was appear in our computer so its like Eco- friendly as example.
When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
r.schreurs

Re: Solar powered? Mine is!

Post by r.schreurs »

I think the most efficient way to have your Bubba solar powered for the sake of saving energy, is to just put some solar panels on your roof. I have 5 panels, 95 Watt max each, producing about 1/3 of my average electricity consumption.

Of course, it is another matter if you want your Bubba to run when there is no electricity network.