New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Full Media Server Functionality

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
marcel23

Full Media Server Functionality

Post by marcel23 »

Hi,

I notice a difference in funtionality between windows media player (media server) and firefly, when i'm using my Soundbridge. First WMP deliveres more functionality (search in every kind of TAG, playlists etc), but it deliveres the tags without any problems. I see that firefly can't handle 'strange' keys like : é, " etc. etc.

Then there's the difference in performance. Soundbridge 'loads' large MP3 files (10.000) much quicker with WMP on a pc than firefly on bubba (off course, i must not compare a bubba with a pc, but still). When you add some music files to the music map on bubba, the adding proces on the database takes a lot off cpu on bubby, so that soundbridge doesn't respond any more. And there's no way of watching what kind of proces is running (or not running)..
Ubi

Re: Full Media Server Functionality

Post by Ubi »

marcel23 wrote:And there's no way of watching what kind of proces is running (or not running)
sure there is. Just hop on to the shell and

Code: Select all

ps auxw
Anyway, yes we all know that Bubba has limitations when it comes to CPU power. That's why it's able to run fanless. You, apparently like to run a media server that has more functionality. Maybe you should look at other products, such as ReadyNas, which is more powerful, but also a lot more expensive, makes more noise and uses more electricity.

Ubi
marcel23

Post by marcel23 »

i'm using windows (my mistace, off course)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

marcel23 wrote:i'm using windows (my mistace, off course)
So am I, but I thought you wanted to know what was happening on Bubba, and that is not running windows but Debian linux.