New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Making the wiki more useful

Got comments on forum and website
splitbrain

Making the wiki more useful

Post by splitbrain »

As a new user of the B3 I was disappointed about the available documentation. Especially indepth information about how the whole default system works is missing. Eg. what daemon is running when I enable something in the webinterface? Where can I finetune that daemon? And so on.

I started to extend the available docs in the Wiki and started a page where we can document, exactly that: What is running on a default install and how can this be changed or customized: http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Resources

Please help to improve the docs. I'm especially interested in the little things experienced users might have to add...
Magnus

Re: Making the wiki more useful

Post by Magnus »

Hi,
You are absolutely right about the lack of a users manual. We are working on one right now and a first version will be released this week. Thank you for your contributions on the wiki. Very much appreciated.
/Magnus
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
splitbrain

Post by splitbrain »

Why not add your manual to the wiki so users can extend, improve and build on top of it?
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

A first step will be adding the manual to our web site as a downloadable pdf. A lot of people need a users manual covering the basics and daily use of B3. But as you say the wiki is a great place for improving the information. Stuff published on the wiki and B3 users miss in the users manual could of course be added.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com