New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Congratulations!

Got comments on forum and website
DanielM

Congratulations!

Post by DanielM »

Hi.
Don't know if this is the right forum, didn't find any other fitting. I've just been reading some reviews of B3 and I just wanted to congratulate Excito. Practically everyone is praising it big time. Good work! (I guess that means you've got a lot do to now, right?)

One question I saw in the Phoronix review that I've also been wondering is why you chose ext3 over ext4. Anyone from Excito willing to explain?

/Daniel
tor

Re: Congratulations!

Post by tor »

Regarding Ext3/4,

Its quite simple. When we made the decision on which to use there where quite some flux, about a year ago, in performance and in some areas regarding data integrity. We then decided that we did not wont to gamble on where things where heading and thus we stayed with Ext3.

That said, it might be time to do some benchmarking on B3 at least and evaluate the current state. Note also that we do support Ext4 on B2 and B3, it should be possible to use that at least on the data partition or on externally attached disks.

And a big thanks for the congratulations :) B3 is definitely shaping up nicely.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
anhtuan445

Post by anhtuan445 »

Nice work! Keep it up :)

PS! There is one good review coming from us @ Arvutiguru soon also ;) Just need time from work to do it :P

Marten
sortsnak

Post by sortsnak »

I would also like to give Excito team a Congratulations on a product well made. I had been looking for a linux based NAS, having a B3 from around newyears 2011 the 6 months review is a thumbs up.
Its brilliant, low power consumption, nicely featured, very customizable, and based on a pure debian just some of the things that really makes this unit standout compared to other on the market.

I also the team that works to improve does really make an effort to listen to the users and solve problems at hand, so Thanks for that.
Greetings from a neightbour in Denmark.