New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Moderation

Got comments on forum and website
Cheeseboy

Re: Moderation

Post by Cheeseboy »

You do know that the first thing that will happen is that people who used to talk to you no longer will?
You will become a pariah, and your green username will serve to remind anyone who has forgotten...
If we were not clever enough to not annoy you we would be constantly sending you PMs saying "smöris" and the like. :-)
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Cheeseboy wrote:"smöris"
Lo! Behold, the Grass! Of such unspeakable evil that even the powers of the holy man cannot reach it! Back, evil demons! I am the keeper of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor, dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Back! Back to the shadow!!

(Darn we need that offtopic forum!)

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

This IS the offtopic forum! I mean there's no mention of bubbas anywhere!!
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:This IS the offtopic forum! I mean there's no mention of bubbas anywhere!!
That is good. Guess that means no moderators will kick us for being ot.

/Daniel
Moloko

Post by Moloko »

Please stick to the OT topic!
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Yo Danielm why has that spammer not yet been removed from the dev forum??! Get to work!!!!!111
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Done and the user has been banned. Thank you for your patience :wink:
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

As this seems to have become the de facto off-topic topic, I will use it for this:
Happy holidays, bubbanauts!

I'm on my 5th Xmas Edam this year, and I have managed to peal two substantial bits of skin off my left hand with the cheese slicer trying to break into the fuckers' hard outer skin so far:
[Picture removed]

Xmas cheers to all of you!

/Cheeseboy
Last edited by Cheeseboy on 08 Jun 2013, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Moloko

Post by Moloko »

Ouch...

I am using a sharp kitchen knife to put a slice around the top of the red wax area, and then I peel it off. But on the other hand - I can almost imagine how this procedure could harm your health, and the rest of the hand (or leg...)

Merry Christmas! 8)
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I have carefully edited this pic with the eminent photo-editing software gpaint 0.3.3 in order to post a pre-emptive happy-new-year pic while I still have my fingers.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, CAMPERS!
[Picture removed]

Seamless!
Last edited by Cheeseboy on 08 Jun 2013, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Funny but I never saw Edam cheese with a red outer skin and I'm only 50km away from Edam =)
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Well, it is a pain to get rid of, but it is obviously a trade benefit to identify the trademark abroad.

It had a red outer skin when I lived in the UK as well, but unfortunately it was not matured there, so it is not a sign of a matured Edam as I first thought.

And, I saw the red skin in shops in Utrecht when I lived there too.
Perhaps you are so close to the source, they don't even bother with the "touristy" versions where you live?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

could be, could be. There's not that many tourist places in Utrecht compared to amsterdam though. I'll go and do a cheese-check tomorrow
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Oh, I disagree!
Utrecht is a university town, full of foreign students. There are also a lot of international companies who employ foreign staff for their call-centres (like me at the time).
And as a foreigner I find Utrecht absolutely lovely, unlike Amsterdam which I think is a pit...

I also believe Utrecht is the connecting point of all railroads in the Netherlands, so it must see tons of people just passing by, waiting for the next train.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I agree it's international, but not that it's touristy. I've lived or worked in Utrecht for 17 years and I wouldn't know but one shop in the center that is filled with dorky tourist presents (windmills, wooden shoes etc)