New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Great device

Got comments on forum and website
ian

Great device

Post by ian »

I just wanted to say thanks for creating such a nice device.

I was very impressed with the interaction with iTunes; I copied both my iTunes library, and that of my wife, to the music folder on my bubba, and this immediately became available to iTunes on both mine and my wife's laptops; very neat.

I have however had one or two small problems with the download manager:

* If I add downloads to the downloads screen, the web-admin UI can become very unstable, needing a reboot of the server;

*I downloaded a couple of large PDFs with the download manager, but Adobe Acrobat says that they are corrupted and unreadable. Downloading these via a web-browser results in usable PDFs;

* the documentation about the download manager, in particular regarding what you need to do to download bittorrents, is a bit basic. These seem to be particularly prone to causing the web-admin UI to block.

Although not a serious issue, I did not receive any rubber feet with my bubba...
msx

Re: Great device

Post by msx »

ian wrote:Although not a serious issue, I did not receive any rubber feet with my bubba...
About the feet, i suggest you to double check all the packaging (if you haven't throws all away already): i wasn't able to find mine too, i was almost giving up when i found them attached with tape on the box. They're very small and trasparent.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I also did not receive them
estorino

Re: Great device

Post by estorino »

ian wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for creating such a nice device.

I was very impressed with the interaction with iTunes; I copied both my iTunes library, and that of my wife, to the music folder on my bubba, and this immediately became available to iTunes on both mine and my wife's laptops; very neat.

I have however had one or two small problems with the download manager:

* If I add downloads to the downloads screen, the web-admin UI can become very unstable, needing a reboot of the server;

*I downloaded a couple of large PDFs with the download manager, but Adobe Acrobat says that they are corrupted and unreadable. Downloading these via a web-browser results in usable PDFs;

* the documentation about the download manager, in particular regarding what you need to do to download bittorrents, is a bit basic. These seem to be particularly prone to causing the web-admin UI to block.

Although not a serious issue, I did not receive any rubber feet with my bubba...
Although this isn't really the right place, I still wanted to make a quick reply to your post:
Concerning the download manager; search the forum, you'll find that crashing is a common problem, excito is currently working on it.
The rubber feet are really easy to overlook! It's a tiny bag taped to the box if I remember correctly...

Oh, and by the way, I am loving my Bubba so far. Been using for almost a week now and I am impressed. Still finding out new things everyday...
johannes

Post by johannes »

Regarding the rubber feet, we have now marked them out more clearly in the box, they were apparently very easy to miss.

Thanks for all feedback!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Just a couple of quick mobile phone pics just to show you where they were located in my package and what they look like:

ian

Post by ian »

I've just taken another look (lucky I never throw anything away!!) and mine were also taped to the power supply box; mind you, they were taped face down, so all you see is the white backing paper, which makes them sort of camouflaged...
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, we try to tape them bottom-down to keep the tape adhesive from sticking to the rubber feet. However, we have (as seen in the images) recently changed to pink tape, it's obviously needed. :)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)