New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Tiny little hack... 0.50.1

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
bubbalibre

Tiny little hack... 0.50.1

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi guys,

Here is my tiny little hack again.

No need to hack the apache's configuration file anymore : Tor has done a great job. Thanks to him !

Downloaded the archive:web-admin-0.50.1.zip (~64 KB)

As usual : always make a backup before you try anything.

In order to use this hack, you'll need to copy the files in /usr/share/web-admin. On how to do that, please read this post and the following.

Tell me what you think.

Note for myself: this is rev#23
Last edited by bubbalibre on 09 Aug 2007, 06:43, edited 2 times in total.
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Sorry guys,

Yesterday I was lazy. Since the informations given by ftd have changed, I had to to modify my regexp but didn't. Now it's done.

Whats's the difference ? The ratio of your downloads and the speedometer are back.

Enjoy!
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Now a thing that would be cool is if FTD emails me when a download is ready. Would that be feasible?
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi Ubi,

That's a good idea. Unfortunately this can only achieved by ftd. My tiny little hack concerns only the web UI, which is only active when someone is connected.

But I'm pretty sure that Tor has something like that on his todo list...

Regards,
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

For the next two weeks and half I won't be able to respond to your feedback : I'm leaving tomorrow far away from any internet connection.

You know how I appreciate feedback on my tiny little hack, post it and I'll respond as soon as I get back.
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Hi!

This might not be the place to put this, but it's somewhat related to the tiny little hack.

After the latest update I cannot download torrents from folder. Neither the old www/torrents nor the new torrents.

I suppose that I dont need the old button (download from folder) - it should start automagically.

But when I add a torrent file to any of the folders web-admin freezes.

Any idea what could cause this?

What I did was that I upgraded through web-admin, and then replaced the entire folder web-admin with yours...

Please help!

/pelle
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi jamerson,

That's weird. I didn't experienced this kind of behavior.

About the 'torrents' folders, the old one (~/www/torrents) is now useless. And you shouldn't have the 'Download from folder' button anymore if you're running the latest version of my tiny little hack.

The download should start automatically when you put a torrent file in ~/torrents, but it sometimes failed when I was moving the file from a bubba's folder to another. It's working perfectly fine when I'm moving or copying it from my computer to the bubba though.

Could you try a 'neutral' torrent and tell me if it freezes too: ubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

Regards,
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Tried that torrent. No luck.

What seems to happen is that ftd crashes (or at least freezes for a long time).
The torrent folder empties.
When I try to watch the downloads page in web-admin it just loads forever, or until the browser timeouts.
The entire web-admin is unresponsive until i kill ftd (and restart it).

No problem to paste a url into the download page, though.

So it's just the folder download that causes problems.

I don't get it!

/pelle
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

I really don't know what's going on.

When you have a crash, could you place the torrent file again in ~/torrents and relaunch ftd manually. To do that, type as root:

Code: Select all

/usr/sbin/ftd start

When ftd is starting again it should launch the torrent file.
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

That worked like a charm.

My bubba works in mysterious ways...
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

I have no clue...

Maybe Tor will know better. I keep working on that though.
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Great. Thanks!
tor

Post by tor »

Jamersson,

If the torrent folder removes your torrent it means that it did not like it for some reason. Which sounds strange.

Do i understand correctly that during this you could add downloads via the web-admin but when copying it to the torrent dir made the downloader to crash? One known issue is that you must do the copy into the torrent dir as the valid user. Doing it as root will crash the download manager. This since the application looks at the owner of the file.

If this happens again please let us know. And if its reproducable we would love to have that torrent file.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

Hi!

The thing is that the same torrent worked with bubbalibres little workaround. Copied the same way (as user, not root) when ftd was unactive and then starting it manually, the download worked fine (sorry about that ugly sentence).

The problem seems not to be the torrent file since it looks the same way with different torrents...

Right now my internet connection is down, so I cannot try it out any more, but I will get back to you when I'm online again!
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

OK

I'm back online.
Still have the same problem.
Bubbalibre: What do I need to change to restore everything to default (removing your hack)?

Might as well try to do that, to rule out the possibility that it has anything to do in this thread ;)