New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubbamon hits Firefox

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi again,

I'm guessing bubbamon can't reach the php page that will make a simple html page of the hddtemp output.

Where did you install the hddtemp.php file and what did you enter in the configuration dialog? And can you reach that page with your browser?

/Johan

PS Did you configure hddtemp to run as a daemon?
ian

Post by ian »

Hi Johan,
here's the output when I run df (whatever that is!):

xxxx:~$ df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 719977704 93314040 590090892 14% /
tmpfs 63468 0 63468 0% /dev/shm
/var/samba/public 719977704 93314040 590090892 14% /home/storage
/var/www/html 719977704 93314040 590090892 14% /home/web
tmpfs 10240 2268 7972 23% /dev

The web UI says:

Total disk size 703 103 MB
Free disk space 576 233 MB

which equates to 82% free, ie. 18% used.

Actually, looking at the df output, the percentage looks wrong;
590090892 available out of 719977704 total is also 82% and not 86%, so the 14% looks to be incorrect.

I hope this helps,
Cheers Ian.
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi Ian,

I think I may be in deep water, but tracking the cause of this difference eventually lead me to a system call named statfs that gave me a bit of an explanation. Once again there seems to be a difference between free and free. Some blocks aren't available to non-root users and I think that is why the values differ. The values reported by df use different data. Maybe someone with better knowledge can explain this.

Not much I can do about it, but I will change so that the soundbridge version and the firefox version report the same value. Thanks for reporting it.

/Johan
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

6feet5 wrote:Hi again,

I'm guessing bubbamon can't reach the php page that will make a simple html page of the hddtemp output.

Where did you install the hddtemp.php file and what did you enter in the configuration dialog? And can you reach that page with your browser?

/Johan

PS Did you configure hddtemp to run as a daemon?

HDDTEMP run as a daemon.
hddtemp.php is in /var/www/html/bubbamon/ and I can reach the page from my browser. but I get the same UNK* when using FF or bubbamon.

When using hddtemp /dev/hda/ i get /dev/hda: ST3320620A: 45 C

Maybe it's something else in my system that's wrong or that I'm missing a program.
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hello again,

I've examined the hddtemp source code and that UNK message you get is something from hddtemp, so something must be wrong with your setup.

Using the browser, is UNK* the only thing you see, no other text?

/Johan
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hmmm, it just occurred to me... you did restart the daemon after adding that line to the database, didn't you? If not then you need to do so, because the daemon is using the old database that didn't have that line.

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/hddtemp restart
/Johan
Kramer

Thanks

Post by Kramer »

Thanks for the help Johan

It works great now.

/Anders
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

There is a new version (0.4) of the FF extension available at http://thevoid.webhop.info/bubba/firefox.

Biggest news is this version has support for the upcoming Firefox 3 (I've tested it against 3.0 beta 4 and it seems to be working). Note that installation can be a little tricky. It's not difficult but you should pay close attention to the "Bubbamon on Firefox 3" section.

If you're running Firefox 2, there really is no point in upgrading since it doesn't add any new features.

/Johan
DanielM

Invalid user/password combination.

Post by DanielM »

I'm having strange problems with the plugin. Every fifth second I get a popup saying

Invalid user/password combination.
Verify you are using the right identity.
The strange thing is that all works well and I don't get this popup if I have an open tab which is logged into web-admin. As soon as I log out of web-admin (or get automatically logged out due to idling) the pop-up starts nagging me. It doesn't matter if the user logged in to web-admin is the same as the one in the bubbamon settings. I followed the steps in the void, clearing the password.

This is on firefox 3 beta 4, Bubbamon 0.4 (which is the first version of Bubbamon installed on the computer) talking to a newly installed (using the bubba-etch image) Bubba.

Any ideas?

edit: Just noticed that Bubbamon shows the downloads of the user logged into web-admin, not the user that I've set up in the settings. For example when I log in to web-admin using admin user, Bubbamon shows 0:0 downloads...
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

I noticed a similar situation the other day when trying to log on as administrator. It kept logging me out and then log me in as the "ordinary" user. It's not quiet what you describe but I think it is related.

I think the problem is that the plugin never logs out from bubba(I figured it was a good solution to lower bandwidth usage). Unfortunately, firefox appears not to treat the two connections (the plugin and your browser connection) as separate sessions. The result is that when you log in as administrator, you will compete with the plugin on which user is to be connected to the bubba, the administrator or the "ordinary" user.

I'm currently working on a solution but I've been too busy with other stuff. In the meantime, one workaround to the problem is to use different profiles in Mozilla. Use one profile with the bubbamon extension for ordinary usage, and another profile without the extension, for administrative tasks in bubba. You can find more info about profiles at http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles. Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Johan
wim

Works also for OSX

Post by wim »

Bubbomon also works under firefox 2.0.0.13 with OSX.

Only had some problems login the first time.
Same problem as above not correct username etc..
Looks like setting the refresh rate higher solved the problem.

Wim
finnfix

Permission denied

Post by finnfix »

I can't access /bubbamon/hddtemp.php from my browser. I keep getting a 403 Fobidden, is there some ports I haven't opened?
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Sounds like a permission problem. Examine what permission you have on the file and the folder it is saved in (disabling execute permission on the folder it is stored in will give this kind of error).

/Johan
finnfix

Permission given

Post by finnfix »

You've right, folder permissions denied execute access. It is now possible to access the file, but I'm given the following error:

Warning: socket_connect() unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /var/www/html/bubbamon/hddtemp.php on line 12
socket_connect() failed. Reason: () Connection refused
Warning: socket_read() unable to read from socket [107]: Transport endpoint is not connected in /var/www/html/bubbamon/hddtemp.php on line 19
Any ideas?
DanielM

Re: Permission given

Post by DanielM »

finnfix wrote:

Warning: socket_connect() unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /var/www/html/bubbamon/hddtemp.php on line 12
socket_connect() failed. Reason: () Connection refused
Warning: socket_read() unable to read from socket [107]: Transport endpoint is not connected in /var/www/html/bubbamon/hddtemp.php on line 19
Any ideas?
Sounds to me like the hddtemp daemon isn't running. Does a "ps -e|grep hddtemp" return anything? You have to set the variable "RUN_DAEMON" to true in /etc/default/hddtemp, otherwise it won't run as a daemon.

/Daniel