New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Retroshare 0.5.4e released for Excito B3

Discuss development on Bubba
csol

Retroshare 0.5.4e released for Excito B3

Post by csol »

Hi,

I'm part of the retroshare development team. We're proud to announce that Retroshare has been successfully compiled, tested, and packaged for Excito B3.

Retroshare is a secure decentralized anonymous data sharing software, based on the Friend-to-Friend paradigm. It is based on PGP for authentication and SSL for stream encryption.

We posted on our blog about compiling/installing on the b3:
[Url removed, otherwise I can't post. Isn't that stupid? Plz search for retroshareteam dev blog on google.]

The latest binary packages (debian squeeze + armel for the b3, more recent than link from the blog post) can be downloaded here:
[Url removed, otherwise I can't post. Isn't that stupid? To find it, go to our sourceforge website and look for the package in the Files section]

We're currently developing a web interface to allow controlling the headless RS from a distance, but it's not released yet.

Have a nice time using RS!
C.
Binkem

Re: Retroshare 0.5.4e released for Excito B3

Post by Binkem »

I've tentatively approved this post as it is not commercial (as far as I can see) and it may be of use to Bubba owners. Please comment if you disagree, or remove it if you are excito's crew and you disagree.

Martijn
csol

Post by csol »

Thx a lot.

I'm not spamming ;-) I understand you have to use such rules to prevent it. We do the same on our users forums.

Best
C.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

It's cool that third parties are supporting the Bubba. How's that for market power? I'm not sure what this software is based on the OP though. Some kind of Tor/BitTorrent alternative?
csol

Post by csol »

There's no market here. The software is free and open source.

Basically we aim at providing secured data exchange on a friend-to-friend network. Of course there's multi-hop file search/transfer, but also distributed forums, channels, chat rooms, etc. In the future we would like to improve the social networking capabilities of RS (currently working on it actually ;-) ).

As far as the b3 is concerned, using RS on it is essentially a cool method for securely sharing your data with your friends.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Never heard of this before, but it sure sounds interesting. Only problem is that I'd need to convince my friends to use it or it'd be meaningless...

/Daniel