For anyone interested, I made some install images for the B3 which can be used with standard rescue key to install a almost vanilla debian to your bubba (meaning without the excito apps). The starting point was this wiki page : Revert_to_minimal_Debian_installation. Then I made a few changes, upgraded to wheezy and adapted it to make the system self-sufficient, as you would get it from a fresh debian install.
There are two images available :
- Minimal wheezy, no wifi : b3-nowifi-wheezy-minimal-20130705-2346.tar.gz
- Minimal wheezy, wifi b3-wifi-wheezy-minimal-20130705-1950.tar.gz
- The root password is still excito. root can login through ssh
- Exim4 is configured for local mail only
- The default editor is vim
- I had to keep the admin account (password 'admin' without the quotes) to make exim4 deliver messages for the root user
- There is a halt alias to turn off the device (root only)
- The LAN port is active with address 192.168.10.1/24. The WAN port is not configured
- There is NO firewall (everything is opened)
- The UBoot tools to manipulate the bootloader environment are installed and configured for the b3
- The wifi images have an activated hotspot (based on bubba wifi configuration) ; the ssid is b3 and the key is 'ExcitoSweden!' (without the quotes)
- All the package are from debian or excito (no custom packages ; the kernel is excito 220.127.116.11-11) and up to date.