As I was running some updates yesterday I noticed my radio stream got interrupted up to the point where it became impossible to follow it. At the same time I got the idea that the update was running slower than it should. As it turned out the radio stream I was listening on through my Squeezebox Receiver was being decoded from AAC to PCM/WAV using `faad` and `flac`, with in particular faad competing with my upgrade routine for CPU time.
Which is pointless because the Squeezebox devices themselves support the same streaming and audio formats as LMS does. For optimal performance of your B2/B3 you should therefore disable this decoding:
Go to the LMS settings page (http://b3:9000/settings) and select the `Advanced` tab inside it. Within that tab choose `File Types` from the drop down box that is in the top left corner. This is where you find the `File Format Conversion Setup` where for each supported file and stream format you can define what decoder should be used. For every entry you see there, select either `native` or `disabled` whichever the associated drop down box allows you to choose. Confirm the new settings by clicking `Apply`.
Verified with Squeezebox Receiver, Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Touch.
A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
1 post • Page 1 of 1