New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mini Howto: Changing Horde download limit

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
asparak

Mini Howto: Changing Horde download limit

Post by asparak »

If like me, you find the 4MB download limit of horde annoying, it is pretty simple to fix.
This assumes some knowledge of SSH. Don't try this if you are not comfortable editing files, because if you mess the formatting up, you will mess up horde.

1. Log in to ssh
2. su to root or use sudo if you have it set up.
3. cd /etc/horde/imp4
4. edit conf.xml using your preferred editor (I use vi) and under Fetchmail Settings change 4000000 to what
ever you want. I set mine to 15000000, but that is up to you. You could set it to 0 if you wanted, but that
could lead to issues, so I wouldn't recommend it. Save your changes.
5. edit conf.php and change the line $conf['fetchmail']['size_limit'] = 4000000; to the same as you set in
step 4. Save your changes.
6. cd /etc/php5/apache2/
7. edit php.ini and make sure the value memory_limit is at least twice the value you set in steps 4 and 5.
Save your changes if necessary. Default seems to be 128MB, so you are fine unless you set your mail size
to 64000000 or bigger in steps 4 and 5.
8. Log out of Horde and back in again and your new download limit should be working.

/Edit/ Remember to check these after each upgrade as Excito's scripts may set these back to defaults.
If you want to display HTML inline, instead of an attachment, edit /etc/horde/imp4/mime_drivers.php and set html inline to true and restart as above. This will be a very small hit to the normal performance, so be warned
/edit/
Last edited by asparak on 19 Apr 2010, 03:42, edited 3 times in total.
lelle

Re: Mini Howto: Changing Horde download limit

Post by lelle »