New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mounting Popcorn Hour NFS share on B3

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
Cheeseboy

Mounting Popcorn Hour NFS share on B3

Post by Cheeseboy »

I use a Syabas Network Media Tank (Popcorn Hour), which comes with a built-in NFS server.
I also use NFS on other computers in my network, so I have installed the package nfs-kernel-server on my Bubbas:

Code: Select all

apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
On the Bubba and Bubba2 I had the NFS share on the Popcorn Hour mounted by having an entry for it in /etc/fstab:

popcorn:/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video  /home/storage/mounts/popcorn    nfs     user,rw,async    0       1
This has worked fine, but when I tried to mount the same NFS share on B3 I got Permission Denied errors.
After a lot of time troubleshooting I found that the problem was not the permissions in /etc/exports on the Popcorn Hour, nor a network issue, but the version number mount.nfs on B3 sends to Popcorn hour in the mount request.

The solution is to add "vers=3" to the options in /etc/fstab:

popcorn:/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video  /home/storage/mounts/popcorn    nfs     vers=3,user,rw,async    0       1
I hope this might save someone else the time it took me to get this working :-)
Ubi

Re: Mounting Popcorn Hour NFS share on B3

Post by Ubi »

Thanks!

can you also put this into the bubba wiki?
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I have to say (to my shame) that I was unable to figure out how to do it...
I created a new article, but I was unable to get it to appear under the How-to section...
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

You have to edit the how-to page and create a link in it
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Thanks!