New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Using B3 w/ TV Question

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
newuser

Using B3 w/ TV Question

Post by newuser »

i'm wondering how i could connect or stream videos to my TV? seems like i would need a video card, or a separate computer for TV playback, which then defeats getting the B3, right?

Interested, but confused. Thanks for your advice!
DanielM

Re: Using B3 w/ TV Question

Post by DanielM »

newuser wrote:i'm wondering how i could connect or stream videos to my TV? seems like i would need a video card, or a separate computer for TV playback, which then defeats getting the B3, right?

Interested, but confused. Thanks for your advice!
What I do (and I think that's the normal use) is to have a htpc that's connected to the TV and which then streams movies that are stored on the B3. If you'd use the B3 only to watch movies I can admit it would be kinda pointless, in most cases the B3 is always turned on anyway since it's used for a multitude of other stuff.

/Daniel
Gordon

Re: Using B3 w/ TV Question

Post by Gordon »

The B3 has a UPnP/DLNA server that you can activate (it may even be on by default). So all that you need is a fairly new TV of a not too obscure brand and connect it to your network.

As an alternative, which may also be a valid thought on account of TV's are usually limited in supporting video standards, you could get a diskless media player that supports UPnP and/or Windows file sharing (SaMBa). You can buy these for as low as maybe € 60,- upto several hundred euros. A nice option might be the Dune Lite which has wireless built in (and it uses a Sigma processor).