New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

btsync (Bittorrent Sync)

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
enrique75

btsync (Bittorrent Sync)

Post by enrique75 »

Dear Friends

I have since 4 years a B3, and beside the function as a firewall and DHCP-Server and TimeMachine, it is almost unused! i just figured out, that there is a btsync- package available, which would be very interesting to sync datas from my 2 offices. But as I'm not a Linux-crack, I think I can't install btsync by myself! Is there a chance that somebody can write me a step-to-step guidance?

I will also pay something for it!

Best regards and many thanks
Erich
kenned

Re: btsync (Bittorrent Sync)

Post by kenned »

I just tried the Linux ARM package from the official Bittorrent Sync website.
It really doesn't require any installation. Just download the tar file, unpack and run the program.
  • First SSH into your B3.
  • Download and unpack file
  • Correct cpu alignment (as root)
  • (Optional) Allow btsync through firewall
  • Run btsync application

Code: Select all

mkdir btsync
cd btsync
wget -O btsync.tar http://download.getsyncapp.com/endpoint/btsync/os/linux-arm/track/stable
tar xvf btsync.tar
sudo su -
echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment
exit
./btsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888
Now point your browser to http://b3:8888 and configure BittorrentSync - add folders etc.

If the firewall on your B3 doesn't allow incoming connections to port 8888, punch a hole to allow this:

Code: Select all

sudo su -
iptables -I INPUT 1 -m tcp -p tcp --dport 8888 -j ACCEPT
/etc/init.d/bubba-firewall restart
exit
enrique75

Re: btsync (Bittorrent Sync)

Post by enrique75 »

Many thanks for your quick and very precise answer. I installed it today and it runs very quick and smoothly.
During the installing- process, I got another question!

In the case of upgrade? What steps I need to do, to upgrade the btsync- package, whiteout loosing any datas or settings?

Many many thanks in advance
Eric