New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Web UI crashing when accessing admin-network-other

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
mountaindude

Web UI crashing when accessing admin-network-other

Post by mountaindude »

Got my Bubba2 and it's looking great.
Seems to be a bit rough in the software though, something (the web ui? some other process?) crashes when I log in as admin, and then access the "Network" tab, then click the subtab "Other" (where the device's name is changed - I want to change it to bubba2 as I already have an old "bubba" device in the network).

When doing the above I get "Internal Servier Error" from Apache/2.2.3....
The other subtabs ("WAN", "LAN" and "Firewall") under the "Network" tab all work as expected - no crashes when accessing them.

The error message suggest there may be additional information available in the server error log, don't think there is anything in there though. If I am looking in the right file, that is...

Ideas anyone?
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

Now you mention it, I think mine did the same thing when I tried to change the hostname. The change did take though, so my device is now called Bubba2.

Personally, I think it should ship as bubba2. Or bubbatwo. Or something.
mountaindude

Post by mountaindude »

dan13l wrote:Now you mention it, I think mine did the same thing when I tried to change the hostname. The change did take though, so my device is now called Bubba2.
Ok, but I never get to the screen where I can change the hostname, so I never get a chance to change it.
Personally, I think it should ship as bubba2. Or bubbatwo. Or something.
Agreed, I second that.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I did the same thing, without getting a crash.
I did it before adding a network cable to the WAN port though...
mountaindude

Post by mountaindude »

Cheeseboy wrote:I did the same thing, without getting a crash.
That's it.
And its actually what the manual says:
http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... ation.html
RTFM - I know..

Still cannot get the default gateway to be anything but 0.0.0.0.
It is proving trickier than I thought to use bubba2 in a non-standard context (in my case as a simple server in an existing network, rather than as a firewall).

EDIT:
As far as I can tell, the Network/Other tab fails to show when the bubba2 gets its LAN IP through DHCP. When I assign the LAN interface a fixed IP the tab shows properly.
Downside of assigning a fixed IP is that I cannot set a proper default gateway (it always goes to 0.0.0.0).
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I'm still in testing at work, and my bubba is connected to a router that is connected through another router that is then connected to Telia's modem.
So 3 routers (including the bubba) and the actual connection.

I have made sure that all these routers' DHCP funtionality use different ip ranges. Did you do the same thing, or are there conflicts with the existing DHCP server? (I was once told off because I had un-knowingly plugged in what I thought was a switch on the office network, but when they rebooted the office DHCP server, it could not do it's stuff because my "switch" had turned out to have DHCP funtionality and blocked the real thing from functioning).

It works for me. Are you already using the 192.168.10.* range?
Have you examined the log files?

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
carl

Post by carl »

mountaindude wrote:
Cheeseboy wrote:I did the same thing, without getting a crash.
That's it.
And its actually what the manual says:
http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... ation.html
RTFM - I know..

Still cannot get the default gateway to be anything but 0.0.0.0.
It is proving trickier than I thought to use bubba2 in a non-standard context (in my case as a simple server in an existing network, rather than as a firewall).

EDIT:
As far as I can tell, the Network/Other tab fails to show when the bubba2 gets its LAN IP through DHCP. When I assign the LAN interface a fixed IP the tab shows properly.
Downside of assigning a fixed IP is that I cannot set a proper default gateway (it always goes to 0.0.0.0).
We noticed similar problem two days ago, and are currently looking in to that particular issue.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com