New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Migrating email history from Bubba to Bubba|Two

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Cheeseboy

Migrating email history from Bubba to Bubba|Two

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hello again,

I tried copying the contents of my user/Mail folder from the old Bubba on top of the one in Bubba2.

Then I went to access Horde. All looked fine until I encountered a folder or email with umlauts in them. Everything was truncated after the umlaut character (the name of the folder, the body or subject of an email).

Any hints or tips on how to move email history to the new machine?

Cheers,

Cheeseboy

EDIT:
What I did was to tar the Mail folder of the original bubba, then zip the tar file up, then ftp it over as binary, unzipped it and untared it on the bubba2 on top of the existing Mail folder.
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

We have also seen this sometimes, and it seems to be a horde related issue.
It is a bit tricky to reproduce since we think that it is character-encoding mismatches and only some configurations causes the problem.

Currently we have a newer version of horde that most likely will be released with the next bubba upgrade, and sofar we have not seen the problems with special characters in that version. So hopefully this will be solved shortly for you.

/PA
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hello PA,

Ok, sounds good. I'll be awaiting the update eagerly.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
Xet

Post by Xet »

The strange things is that the mail looks fine if you open it in it's own window. That is, double clicking on a mail in the list.
It's only the preview window that truncates the text..
carl

Post by carl »

Xet wrote:The strange things is that the mail looks fine if you open it in it's own window. That is, double clicking on a mail in the list.
It's only the preview window that truncates the text..
The version we now have in our unstable (claire) repository seems not to truncate the text, though more tests might be needed.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Xet

Post by Xet »

One more oddity, while we are on it.
After logging in to Horde you will be transfered to the new interface, DIMP. The url is http://bubba/pim/dimp/
If you remove the "dimp" part, i.e. http://bubba/pim/ , you will end up in the old interface, IMP. IMP might lack some of DIMP's features but my good old swedish characters are displayed as they should...
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

After some further investigations, the issue with special characters in horde seems to be tied to a setting in horde. If loggin in with "svenska" you will get the page encoded with iso-8859-1 but somehow a lot of things still seems to be interpreted and entered as utf-8.
If you log in using "english" the pages are encoded with utf-8 and at least I am able to send and view emails with swedish characters (åäö).

/PA