New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

admin password problem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rasel

admin password problem

Post by rasel »

I got my diskless bubba2 today. I installed a new disk and "b2-install-1.0-rc7.zip" image according to documents and every thing works OK until I opened the admin page. I tried to login first time with the default "admin/admin" user and password but everytime get an "Invalid user/password combination." error? I am also a bubba1 user. Any ideas?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi rasel,

This is unfortunately one of our more common support questions.

You have most likely attached bubba via the wan interface to your network. By default admin is not allowed to log in that way.

If you choose to use Bubba TWO, Not as a router but merely as a server in your LAN you have to follow the instructions in the manual, http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... index.html (Check the quickstart guide.)

Basically you have to attach a computer directly to the LAN port. Log in that way and either change password on admin and enable WAN login. Or reconfigure bubba to act as a server on the LAN port.

(We are working on clarifying this in the manual and give a better error message when this happens.)

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer