New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

server unreachable

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
squadra

server unreachable

Post by squadra »

Well i guess i'm a n00b, since today i got the bubba 2 out of the box and thought to plug and play it. Then i had to connect it directly to my PC. That went fine, but under LAN settings i changhed the IP 192.168.10.1 into 192.168.1.10 because my linksys router only allows DMZ settings to an ip address starting with 192.168.1.xyz I wanted to be able to connect to this server from outside but now it turns out my admin and drive is not accessible anymore. What to do? I have it 20 minutes and feels like i broke it already ...
carl

Re: server unreachable

Post by carl »

squadra wrote:Well i guess i'm a n00b, since today i got the bubba 2 out of the box and thought to plug and play it. Then i had to connect it directly to my PC. That went fine, but under LAN settings i changhed the IP 192.168.10.1 into 192.168.1.10 because my linksys router only allows DMZ settings to an ip address starting with 192.168.1.xyz I wanted to be able to connect to this server from outside but now it turns out my admin and drive is not accessible anymore. What to do? I have it 20 minutes and feels like i broke it already ...
How did you connect it? do you have the linksys router connected to the WAN port of the bubba, or to the LAN port?
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
squadra

Post by squadra »

To the LAN port, because i need my wireless settings i could not set the BUBBA to be the router and firewall. So the manual stated i need to connect it to LAN.
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

Make sure to release and renew your IP of the PC from where you are configuring your BUBBA. Its on a different subnet now and that wont work. It should work fine after that.
squadra

Post by squadra »

Wow. Thanks. I can access the admin. On the linksys i got DMZ enabled to this new ip address but when i enter my WAN IP address i don't get the excito welcome screen (port 80 goes to bubba). I guess i need to ask someone overhere because as a frontend person i also need subversion and i guess if i even can't set it working correctly i will stay n00b for a long time ....
pa

Post by pa »

Hi squadra.

Are you accessing your WAN IP from your LAN? If that is the case it is not unlikely that your PC acutally receives the respons from Bubba but it gets thrown away as a kind of corrupt packet.
This has to do with a combination of routing rules and the rewriting of ip-adresses taking place in your router. If my assumption is correct, this is a router issue and nothing we can do anything about in Bubba.

Most likely it will work from an outside connection, but from within your LAN you will have to access Bubba on its local ip-adress. Do you have the possibility to test it from the "outside"?

/PA
squadra

Post by squadra »

Pa,

I changed the set (by myself i thought DMZ was necessary but port forwarding did the trick) fixed ip address on the LAN for BUBBA into automatically and from then on everything worked. Also from the outside. I'm now figuring out how to set fetchmail not for 300 seconds but 600. Little things because this morning i thought i broke it :-) after clean install everything worked. When the Wireless option comes available i will throw away my WRTG and hopefully i don't need to ask for help again then.

Thanks