New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Still blinking after initial setup

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
jsh

Still blinking after initial setup

Post by jsh »

I installed a the recommended 1TB disk into the diskless BubbaTwo, and followed the rest of the instructions on "Installing and Re-installing". After 8-9 hours, the light is still blinking. What do I do next? (I don't want to power down in this state...) Help!
jsh

Some new behaviour

Post by jsh »

OK, I have tried a new USB drive, formatted FAT32, re-copied the files over. This seems a little more promising, but this what happens:

1. Holding power button, plug in power
2. LED flashes, continue holding button
3. LED flashing gets faster after a few seconds (longer than 1-2 secs), let go of power button
4. LED continues to flash, then flashes slower (like at the beginning), then goes solid, and Bubba shuts down (LED off, no drive noise).

Any ideas?
squadra

Post by squadra »

I just finished my new installation (unzipped the install directory to the root of my flashdrive). Release button at step 2! When i did hold my button too long it continued flashing but nothing happened (light on usb stick was not flashing and drive was not making any noise). After i did hold it untill it flased and released it, it did the trick. For 1/2Gig it was taking twenty minutes or so.
jsh

Post by jsh »

Thanks, squadra, this did the trick! I am up and running....
trencarbe

Post by trencarbe »

just curious, as I also will use a 1 TB hard drive...

How long time did the B2 take to install the system?
jsh

Post by jsh »

Not long at all....I was doing other things at the time, but certainly less than an hour...maybe 30-40 mins.....