New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

hobbit on BubbaTwo

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
boban

hobbit on BubbaTwo

Post by boban »

Hello

Do you have any idea how i can use apt-get to get that application on my BubbaTwo. Hobbit is not in your library.

Thanks

Jacob
Bahurim

Post by Bahurim »

I believe bubba uses the Debian etch repositories, but the package you want is not in the normal repositories. Doing a search for that package on http://packages.debian.org/search?keywo ... ection=all shows the package is only available on etch-backports, lenny (testing), or sid (unstable).

Probable best solution is to download all the packages from above URL and install them manually using dpkg.
boban

Post by boban »

:)

You are probably right.. But it could be nice to use apt-get to do the job..

thanks..

b
Bahurim

Post by Bahurim »

boban wrote:... But it could be nice to use apt-get to do the job...
Well... you could just add the etch-backports repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list. BUT that could and most likely would open you up to other problems, ex. some programs might want to update when what you have is probably what you should stick with.

Hopefully one of the excito guys will chime in and let us know if using backports is ok or not. :?:
carl

Post by carl »

Bahurim wrote:
boban wrote:... But it could be nice to use apt-get to do the job...
Well... you could just add the etch-backports repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list. BUT that could and most likely would open you up to other problems, ex. some programs might want to update when what you have is probably what you should stick with.

Hopefully one of the excito guys will chime in and let us know if using backports is ok or not. :?:
Actually adding backports to sources.list isn't a problem, as it will never automatically update from there.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com