New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Out of the box LAN connection problem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
RobV

Out of the box LAN connection problem

Post by RobV »

Hi,

Yesterday I bought my BUBBA|TWO (including the 1GB HD) in a local shop and tried connecting to it, but without success so far.

Following the quick start guide I connected my PC (Windows XP) with BUBBA's LAN port and switched on power.
Result: My PC notified me about 'limited or no network connection'. I can see that my PC sends out data packets but receives none back. From BUBBA's LAN LED I can see that it receives data packets (green LED blinks). The PC does NOT show the 'disconnected' status. The 'ipconfig /renew' command finishes after a while with a time-out and no improvements.

I tried using 3 different cables, 2 different PC's (both set up with fully automatic TCP/IP settings) and also tried connecting to the WAN port but every configuration gives the same result. Also restarting of BUBBA and the PC's doesn't help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
johannes

Post by johannes »

That sounds very strange, nothing we have heard of before. Perhaps damaged in shipment? Was the carton ok when you received it?

If you don't get it working email us again at support@excito.com, and we'll figure something out to help you as fast as physically possible.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
RobV

Post by RobV »

I received the advise to re-install the device following the guide in the users manual, as an incomplete installation by the supplier might have been the root cause.
After downloading the recovery image and installing it via my USB-stick the BUBBA works real fine now.
Johannes, thanks for your support.