New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba HS install - interpreting LED rates?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
tvaughan

Bubba HS install - interpreting LED rates?

Post by tvaughan »

I've just received my Bubba Two and have set it up with a WD Green Power HD. After installing the HD as per the instructions and switching it on, I see the blue LED blinking with a cycle of one short and one long blink. Is this as expected on first start with a new HD? What does that LED code mean?
tvaughan

Post by tvaughan »

Hm. Whatever the problem was, or the meaning of the LEDs, I managed to fix it by booting off the recovery image from USB. Everything seems to be running smoothly, and I'm very impressed so far!
carl

Post by carl »

According to the interpretation of the leds, the latest installer includes more ways to interpret them, though the information hasn't been added to the manual yet;
  • On an normal boot, the LED blinks at 1Hz
  • During install, the led will start blinking at 4Hz,
  • If the installer is instructed to not install anything, i.e. just to be used as an rescue device, then the LED will go to blink at 1Hz.
  • If instructed to install, but no payload is found, it will blink at 16Hz
  • If instructed to partition disc, but no disc found, it will blink at 16Hz
  • When installation is done, it will blink at 2Hz (this will only been noticed if not instructing it to reboot after install)
/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
hastalapasta

Post by hastalapasta »

carl wrote:According to the interpretation of the leds, the latest installer includes more ways to interpret them, though the information hasn't been added to the manual yet;
/Carl
Wouldn't it be nice to update the online guides it immediately, instead of just posting it on the forum only? It took my some days to exactly determine I had this kind of problem, and the online help didnt bring me any step further. I already expected that some underlying message was put in the blinking frequency.

I still have my problem though, see: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?p=5580#5580. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, how long will an intallation take place on a 1TB HDD?