New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

network broblem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
paolol61

network broblem

Post by paolol61 »

Hi, my B2 have the lan on the internal network with a dinamic IP and the Wan on the external with a static ip.
the problem is that it keep loosing the external setting for Default gateway and dns :(

It replace them with the one he ( i suppose ) get from the internal DHCP ( 192.168.xx.1 ).
Any suggestion how i can stop him to reset ?
the strange is that he keep the right setting for at list a day, then I have to go back on the web and chenge them, in the mean time it's not working from the internet :(
thanks.
8)
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Dynamic IP means that the Bubba leases an Ip adress from your router. This IP adress has a lease time (most of the time this is for 24 hours). After that it asks the router for a new IP-adress and gets net gateway and DNS settings. You could try to extend te lease time on the router, or you could give your router te gateway and DNS settings the Bubba needs, so that when the lease expires you will be given the correct settings (though that may be a problem for other computers on your network.)

You might also set your Bubba to a fixed IP.

But I guess there are better options available.
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

I'm trying now with both nic on a fixed IP, let see how it works ;)
thanks.
8)
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

1 step better, now it loose only the dns value :(
Any way to set it fixed, so he don't go back to the wrong one ??
Thanks.
8)
pa

Post by pa »

Edit the file "/etc/resolv.conf" and enter the ip you need.

/PA
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

Thanks PA :)
I will try after the update ;)
8)