New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Very slow FTP transfers

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Xargon

Very slow FTP transfers

Post by Xargon »

Hi,
I get very slow connections when i FTP to and from Bubba. The transfer it self is not all that slow but the time to get it started (and list catalogs) are huuuuge. Imagíne moving a lot of small files with this problem active....setup for each file is long and unstable so it takes forever...

anyone have a clue on this?

BR,
Xargon
carl

Re: Very slow FTP transfers

Post by carl »

Xargon wrote:Hi,
I get very slow connections when i FTP to and from Bubba. The transfer it self is not all that slow but the time to get it started (and list catalogs) are huuuuge. Imagíne moving a lot of small files with this problem active....setup for each file is long and unstable so it takes forever...

anyone have a clue on this?

BR,
Xargon
This could be due to some default settings I've not changed yet, that might slow down initial communication a lot (reverse dns and ident lookup for example).

I'm gonna update the default settings as soon as possible.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Hi Carl,
I don´t know if this info helps but it all started with Bubba server.
Already on the old Bubba server after one of the later updates the ftp-function was slow as hell in the startup phase. When I got my new Bubba Two the very same behavior appeared. I guess you might have used the same software (FTD).

Anyway the important piece is that it started after an update and that was already on Bubba server. Also logging in with SSH became very slow at the same point in time.

I have a wired gigabit lan with all cat 6 cables and gigabit routers. I move files with epic speed to and from other servers i have so i guess we must seek the fault with Bubba :-)
BR
Xargon/Martin
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Any chance you can publish a list of correct parameters or a date when it can be fixed?

BR,
Xargon
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Update:

This is weird. I have a dyndns registered and port forwarded to bubba. When I am connected on my LAN but use the external dyndns adress to connect to bubba via ftp I do not experience these problems. Wicked if you ask me.

BR,
Xargon
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Is the root cause of this problem the same as described in http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t=1436 ?