New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

How to mount?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
kastrom

How to mount?

Post by kastrom »

I have spent many hours trying to mount my Netgear readynas in Bubba with no result.
I have searched this forum and other but it just don't work. Do I need anything else before the mount will work?

NFS and cifs is on i the NAS.

Any input is most welcome.

/Kent
kastrom

Post by kastrom »

Anyone?

/Kent
davidI

Post by davidI »

nfs is not a protocol that you can "mount" afaik. You can transfer files between bubba and netgear using the 'nfs' command or probably tools like midnight commander (mc).

You need smbclient to use cifs (cifs is the new name for smb).

if your netgear has an esata or usb connection you could connect it directly.

It is for precisely the problems of mounting such netdrives that only really support windows protocols [most such suppliers only care about Windows users] or nfs that I chose the bubba. As it stands I can mount my bubba's drive on my linux PC with sshfs or if I am willing to accept the windows contstraints of file names and ownership rights I could also use smbclient. Soon I'll be able to use nfs out of the box as well (nudge Excito who have promised to deliver it soon).