New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

iTunes Album Artwork via MediaTomb to PS3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Effofex

iTunes Album Artwork via MediaTomb to PS3

Post by Effofex »

Hi,

I am trying to set up a scenario where I have my iTunes music library on my Bubba which I can access via MediaTomb on my PS3. This seems to work fine in that I can see and play the music files over the media server, but I don't see any of the album artwork.

I understand that iTunes may not be storing the album artwork in the ID3 tag of my mp3 files so I have been trying to manually add the artwork in the hope that it will show up on the PS3 via the media server. However, when I use these files they do one or more of the following:

- They don't show up on the PS3
- They show up on the PS3 and then disappear
- They show up on the PS3 and the album artwork appears, but they can't be played
- They show up on the PS3 with no album artwork and can't be played

When the files fail to play I get the following message on the PS3:

"The folder could not be accessed. This content may have been deleted from the media server."

Software versions are:
PS3: 2.60
MediaTomb: 0.11.0

Does anyone know how I may be able to get this set-up to work properly? Do I need to use ID3 tags of a specific version number?

Thanks
Effofex

Post by Effofex »

Bump.

Has anyone managed to get something like this working?

Thanks.
janneb

Post by janneb »

Hi!

I had the same problem. It seems to be related to a bug in a lib (taglib) used by mediatomb. The problem is explained in Mediatomb FAQ. The workaround is to make the MP3 files write-protected, or use timed scan mode.

As I wanted to be able to update the files via iTunes, I'm using timed mode. I edited the file /etc/mediatomb/config.xml, replaced

Code: Select all

<directory location="/home/storage/music" mode="inotify"
 recursive="yes" hidden-files="no"/>
with

Code: Select all

<directory location="/home/storage/music" mode="timed" i
nterval="86400" level="full" recursive="yes" hidden-files="no"/>
This scans the music folder every 24 hours.

Now, restart the media server.
Effofex

Post by Effofex »

Thanks for the reply. It worked a treat. I must've missed it on the MediaTomb FAQ.

I just need to find a way to automate adding ID3 tag album artwork to my collection.

ian

Re: iTunes Album Artwork via MediaTomb to PS3

Post by ian »

Eight optional videogame bosses we hated - PS3 News, Wii News, Xbox 360 News, ...... This tutorial will help you get started developing applications with the aid of ArchGenXML. ..... Your source for art news, entertainment news, books, film and music ..... Museum of bad album covers: the worst album covers ever!
And your point is...?
rs.shadow0000

Re: iTunes Album Artwork via MediaTomb to PS3

Post by rs.shadow0000 »

Eight alternative videogame administration we hated - PS3 News, Wii News, Xbox 360 News, ...... This tutorial will advice you get started developing applications with the aid of ArchGenXML. ..... Your antecedent for art news, ball news, books, blur and music ..... Museum of bad anthology covers: the affliction anthology covers ever!