New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BlackBerry Problem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
darione75

BlackBerry Problem

Post by darione75 »

I buy a brand new blackberry 8310. The device manage also email imaps because is write on the specs and some friends of mine manage email imaps with the same device.
With b2 i'm not able to enable the imaps email account of bubba2, when i try to configure give me back an error of configuration. I'm sure that user and pw is correct because with my previous phone works and also on thunderbird client.
I post down the logs of bubba, maybe someone could help me.
thanks.

Feb 13 23:09:26 bubba postfix/smtpd[9858]: connect from smtp03.bis.eu.blackberry.com[216.9.253.50]
Feb 13 23:12:09 bubba fetchmail[2567]: awakened at Fri 13 Feb 2009 11:12:09 PM UTC
Feb 13 23:14:26 bubba postfix/smtpd[9858]: lost connection after CONNECT from smtp03.bis.eu.blackberry.com[216.9.253.50]
Feb 13 23:14:26 bubba postfix/smtpd[9858]: disconnect from smtp03.bis.eu.blackberry.com[216.9.253.50]
darione75

Post by darione75 »

UPDATE...
I'm able to add GMAIL account with IMPAS into blackberry. So it's not a Blackberry problem.
Anyone have notice about something to enable or disable on bubba server email for use a push email device as bb?

Thanks
darione75

Post by darione75 »

I'm totally depressed about thi situation.
A friend of mine use a linux server with qmail and not postfix and blackberry works perfectly! Damn postfix...
so now, two questions, and i hope that someone reply me:
1) is possible to change bubba configuration and use qmail and not postfix?
2) if i mantain postfix, is possible to set-up that every mail that come from inbox for all users will be forwarded to another email (bb email)??

thanks
darione75

Post by darione75 »

Any ideas?? Could someone reply to point 1 and 2 if able?
thanks
darione75

Post by darione75 »

I've understand that is a dovecot problem. Those anyone know if b2 have a "special" dovecot configuration? Or is an installation without some packets?
thanks
pa

Post by pa »

Hi Darione,

I have read through your thread, but I do not fully understand what you are trying to do, and I have no previous experience with the Blackberry.

Can you give me a bit more information of the setup and the flow in what you are trying to establish?

Regards
PA Nilsson, Excito.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Do you try to connect the Balckberry using SSL? (port 993) That might do the trick.
darione75

Post by darione75 »

Yes, i'm trying to connect b2 email in imaps (993 port) to blackberry. The blackberry internet service (BIS) is a solution that allow the user to create automatically the email account in bb devices. BIS support pop3,pop3s,imap,impas and is totally automatic, so he try all the ports, when find one open create the right configuration. So with bubba i enter the server name (no-ip.og) of my b2, my user, my password and BIS is not able to manage my email. I'm not allowed to insert manually the parametres (port ecc..) and the BIS give me back the error that is not able to create account. If i read the logs of b2 i have the message post in my first post. A friend of mine with other linux server is able to create BIS account, with b2 no. So i think that could be a stupid thing of postfix/dovecot (maybe a packet not install or a security policy enable in b2 for safety...)
On internet i've not found anything about this, something i've found on http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#mobile but i'm not able to understand if can be useful for my problem.
Thnaks
pa

Post by pa »

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you would like any mail sent to your bubba (or retreived by it) to show up in your Blackberry?

The entries in the logfile you should be looking for is "dovecot" entries:

Code: Select all

Feb 27 14:14:43 bubba dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[i]user[/i]>, method=PLAIN, rip=[i]xyz.xyz.xyz.xyz[/i], lip=[i]xyz.xyz.xyz.xyz[/i], TLS
If there are no entries there is probably no access made. If this is the case make sure that the corresponding port (993) is open in the firewall and that the traffic is not blocked somewhere along the way (does your ISP allow you to connect?).

/PA
darione75

Post by darione75 »

Is, is my proupose.
So, now i use thunderbird with imaps, and until 15 days ago i had a windows mobile phone and when i put in that phone my parameters the email impas work perfectly. I think there's something in dovecot, maybe because the bb have a push email service. In the log file of mail.log there's not any logs about dovecot and blackberry... the dovecot logs is only for thunderbird email client..
darione75

Re: BlackBerry Problem

Post by darione75 »

During this 4 months i've tested bubba2 work with my blackberry. Thanks to a friend of mine that discover the solution. I deeply don't know how it does but you have to activate PLAIN module into server and BIS works perfectly. Now i've my bb sync with my email imap client with bubba2.