New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

firefly config empty

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
squadra

firefly config empty

Post by squadra »

Hi, suddenly firefly isn't in my itunes library anymore. I tried to install squezecenter but can't connect either. On http://bubba:3689/config.html it shows a blank page. Does anyone know how to get firefly working again? I recently did an total new update to try it again but my lack of unix knowledge is giving me the feeling of a complete black box again and again...
carl

Post by carl »

Hello,
This issue is in two parts, so I'll answer on ewach of the issue;
For the issue with the empty config page, I can confirm this issue, I have digged through the code and found that the xml-rpc system seems to work (it sends out config data). As I havn't tested the firefly config panel before I'm not certain if it has ever worked, according to the changelog, there hasn't been any direct work there in the intermediate versions since the last release (-1.3); Though during my testing I accidentally found an other bug, which I have reported upstream debian, which, if you reload (Ctrl-R for example) the config page (perhaps any other page), the daemon will die due to broken pipe, have reported it at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=515545 FYI.

On the other issue, it is related to a multicast route, and we are testing a way to resolve that as we speek now.

/Carl Fürstenberg
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
bervan

Post by bervan »

I think I have the same issue here: after the upgrade to 1.1.2 the Firefly config page is also empty but worse, the iTunes steaming stops after a while (10 minutes or so) and iTunes doesn't discover the B2 anymore, though the deamon is running and I can connect to the Firefly admin page (but the config page is empty). The service reappears after the mtaapd deamon is restarted.

Some help would be appreciated.

Bert
carl

Post by carl »

bervan wrote:I think I have the same issue here: after the upgrade to 1.1.2 the Firefly config page is also empty but worse, the iTunes steaming stops after a while (10 minutes or so) and iTunes doesn't discover the B2 anymore, though the deamon is running and I can connect to the Firefly admin page (but the config page is empty). The service reappears after the mtaapd deamon is restarted.

Some help would be appreciated.

Bert
That is an error related to an inactivation of multicast adresses; we will release an fix for that issue soon.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

So is there a way of getting the config-page back?
janeks

The same

Post by janeks »

The same problem for me!

I used succesfuly this service before in Linux music player - Rhythmbox 0.11.5.
Now I can't to do so and config page empty.
:(

Looking forward for a fix,
Janeks
davidI

Post by davidI »

I don't know if your problem is related, but I found that the config file that saves the settings of the firefly config page had the wrong ownership settings

my settings are now:

Code: Select all

# ls -l /etc/mt-daapd.conf 
-rw------- 1 mt-daapd root 8137 2009-03-08 16:18 /etc/mt-daapd.conf
and the config page is present and updateable
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Nope,

My settings were and are:
#:~$ ls -l /etc/mt-daapd.conf
-rw------- 1 mt-daapd root 8103 2009-02-24 20:49 /etc/mt-daapd.conf
And there's no config page.
janeks

Post by janeks »

I allready have the same ownership settings for that file, but I still cannot access settings in web interface.

ls -l /etc/mt-daapd.conf
-rw------- 1 mt-daapd root 8117 2009-03-08 21:41 /etc/mt-daapd.conf
But tinkering around that file I got the idea to remove my password for streaming clients - that one that is after scan_type value in md_daapd.conf file.

Strange is that my Rhytmbox music player asked for that password before and I was able to enter them. After upadate I cannot connect to Bubba from Rhytmox. But now when I removed that password I can again.
So I am now unshure that it is problem on Bubba's side.
But still the first problem remains.

brgds
Janeks[/code]
bervan

Post by bervan »

is there any update on this issue? Would be nice to use the Bubba as a iTunes server as what it is supposed to do.

Bert
Rob Groen

Re: firefly config empty

Post by Rob Groen »

I can conform the idea from janeks about the Music Password. As soon as I filled in a password, restart the server and load the config-page in the browser all variables are empty.

You can solve this temporarily by manual edit the config file located at /etc/mt-daapd.conf You have do become root to edit this file.

Open a terminal:
become super user by typing

sudo -s  [ROOTPASSWORD]
Edit the file with a editor like gedit

gedit /etc/mt-daapd.conf
Save the file, and restart the server

/etc/init.d/mt-daapd restart
I an wondering why this bus is still not fixed. This issue is about 2 year old now.