New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problems with reinstalling and unexplained LED codes

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Gertz

Problems with reinstalling and unexplained LED codes

Post by Gertz »

Hi,

I am using a Bubba two for a few weeks now without any serious problems.
Last Thursday I have installed some new software (Phyton). This seems to go without problems. On Friday my bubba did not response. When I tried to reboot the system the shutdown didn't work.

After that moment I have tried multiple times to restore the system. After powering on the Bubba with the button pressed for 5 seconds the bubba starts installing. I Am using a small USB disk with the B2 1.1 software. After 20 minutes the fast blinking blue led changes blinking order.
The blinking sequence is 2 sec on, half sec off, fast on fast off and than repeats.

When I try to shut down the system the blue led will start blinking on and off with an half sec interval. The system will never shut down completely.

I am also unable to get a SSH session to the Bubba. Some times I will get a ping request but an SSH session is refused.

The bubba is equipped with a WD 1TB green disk with latest firmaware. During install the WAN connector is connected to the internet and the LAN connection with a Macbook.

Could anyone help me resolving this issue?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Gert

:!: :!: :!: :!:
hasty01

Re: Problems with reinstalling and unexplained LED codes

Post by hasty01 »

I hear what you are saying. Tried something similar and now get 7 blinks 1 per second then 1 2 second blink.

This is the third time I've tried and I used Ubuntu instead of Windows 7 to prep my USB key. That will teach me to play with LVM.
HeSitated

Re: Problems with reinstalling and unexplained LED codes

Post by HeSitated »

The only cure for this was for me to order a stick at Excito.

I've tried all the memorysticks i have, not one of them was bootable... :twisted: