New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can't start Slimcenter

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
johanheinesen

Can't start Slimcenter

Post by johanheinesen »

Hi,

It seems like my squeezecenter isn't working as it should.
It's enabled in settings but I can't open the interface (bubba:9000)
Any suggestions?
Johan
---------------------------------
cmcevoy

Post by cmcevoy »

This may not be a problem - it takes Squeezecenter quite a long time (think up to 5 minutes) to wake up and start answering on :9000, so in the first place try coming back and trying again later.
After that check the obvious (is the service ticked in the admin web page?) and then take a look in /var/log/squeezecenter/server.log to see if there are any signs of life.
urbaxe

Post by urbaxe »

I don't get my squeezecenter to work either.
Here is my server.log file. I suspect it is a authorization problem for mySQL. What to do?

Code: Select all

[09-05-14 01:16:54.1939] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (1421) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
2009-05-14 01:16:54 SqueezeCenter died. Restarting.
[09-05-14 01:17:22.3738] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('database=squeezecenter;hostname=;port=','squeezecenter',...) failed: Access denied for user 'squeezecenter'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 654
[09-05-14 01:17:22.3834] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 660)
   frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 618)
   frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 545)
   frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
   frame 5: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
   frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 131)
   frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 77)
   frame 8: Slim::Music::Info::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 369)
   frame 9: main::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 486)
   frame 10: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1050)

[09-05-14 01:17:22.3921] Slim::Schema::init (134) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [] Exiting!
[09-05-14 01:17:22.4013] Slim::Schema::init (134) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 134)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 77)
   frame 2: Slim::Music::Info::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 369)
   frame 3: main::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 486)
   frame 4: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1050)

jsh

Post by jsh »

I have the same issue currently. Would love to know how to address. Carl recommended I try the following, which I will tonight:

To solve the issue at hand, try by issuing "dpkg-reconfigure -phigh
squeezecenter" and answer "yes", hopefully this will reinstall the
database for you.
urbaxe

Post by urbaxe »

An error seems to have occurred while installing the database. If it's of any help, this was the error encountered:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Using password NO for root is probably the ground for this issue.
pa

Post by pa »

If installing and reinstalling "by hand" it is important that the root password for MySQL is left blank, otherwise accesses to the database will be rejected.

/PA
jsh

Post by jsh »

In fact I had changed my MySQL password to something other than blank. I changed it back to blank and then re-installed per Carl's instruction, and it's working for me now (at least it's been re-scanning my 20K music files).
Thanks!
shadowbox

Re: Can't start Slimcenter

Post by shadowbox »

I'm trying to reconfigure as above. Unfortunately I keep getting the odd message:
mysql said: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root@localhost'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
There are two things I don't understand about this:
1) I thought dpkg used the debian-sys-maint for mysql tasks
2) root@localhost@localhost [sic]. Huh? Of course, I have no such user in mysql.

Anyone have an idea what's going on here and why my attempts to reconfigure squeezecenter are failing?

btw: I'd be happy to do a complete re-install of squeezecenter if it solved this problem: but I'm not sure how to expunge the mysql side.
shadowbox

Re: Can't start Slimcenter

Post by shadowbox »

okay, I found this in /etc/dconfig-common/squeezecenter.conf

Code: Select all

# dbc_dbadmin: name of the administrative user
#       this is the administrative user that is used to create all of the above
dbc_dbadmin="root@localhost"
changing that to "root' solved the above problem.