New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Horde email filtering

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
agerrius

Horde email filtering

Post by agerrius »

Hi,

I have been able to install the Ingo module of Horde that allows you to filter the email messages. But currently the email is only filtered when I read it through the webmail (horde). If I open the IMAP mailbox in Outlook for example the filters are not applied. Does anybody now if it is possible to schedule these filters somehow so that they are applied automatically?
Last edited by agerrius on 29 May 2009, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
Arno
GNOE Inc..

Re: Horde email filtering

Post by GNOE Inc.. »

Can you share us how you installed this Ingo module?
agerrius

Post by agerrius »

GNOE Inc.. wrote:Can you share us how you installed this Ingo module?
It's some time ago that I installed it, but it was not hard at all. I just followed the instruction from the documentation and that was all. I think I downloaded the source files, put them in the indicated folder and then had to edit one or two config files. That was all.

Sorry that I forgot all the details by now :).
Arno
agerrius

Post by agerrius »

I now also came across to howto on how to filter email using sieve, I think I'll give that a try this evening and let you know if that fixed my problems.
Arno
tor

Post by tor »

You should look into Procmail, debian package http://packages.debian.org/etch/procmail.

It is the most flexible solution to this problem that i know of. But be aware that with the wrong config it will happily throw away your emails ;)

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
cmcevoy

Post by cmcevoy »

Did you get seive to work? I've tried a while ago to get a Bubba|Two / Seive / IMAP / KMail solution working and didn't manage it, but I never really worked out which of the components was failing, except that I know straight unfiltered IMAP works fine.
agerrius

Post by agerrius »

cmcevoy wrote:Did you get seive to work? I've tried a while ago to get a Bubba|Two / Seive / IMAP / KMail solution working and didn't manage it, but I never really worked out which of the components was failing, except that I know straight unfiltered IMAP works fine.
No, still on my todo list. Hopefully this week, but I am not sure :).
Arno
paolol61

Post by paolol61 »

Hi,
I installed Ingo, but when I try to open the "filter" menu. I get an error
Failed to import configuration file "/usr/share/horde3/ingo/config/conf.php"

Any 1 have a suggestion for this ?

Thanks.
8)