New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

try to make raid 1.0

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
ubbe

try to make raid 1.0

Post by ubbe »

i tried to make a raid1.0 on my bubba 2 and storage but something whent wrong at 40%...now i only have about 9 gig of on my harddrive and cant reach my music anymore :-( .
Doyou know anyway to make this undone or resque things on thoose disks? (about 1Tb of music ...) and a lot of "good to have things" ;-)
best regards
ubbe
carl

Re: try to make raid 1.0

Post by carl »

Sadly I have to inform you that by creating a RAID, all information on the given partitions are lost, though any way it shouldn't fail and 40%. Could you report what kind of error message was given at the time it failed?
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

no sorry
error creating something??
ok
shit happends :-(
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

Same error next time aswell.. @42%
Error: Operation failed: /usr/sbin/diskmanager disk partition /dev/sdb raid

why?
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

next time

Error: operation failed: /usr/sbin/diskmanager lv lvremove /dev/bubba/storage

2st of 2tb disks one internal and one external
pa

Post by pa »

During support discussions with Ubbe, we discovered a bug making it impossible to create raid on a system with 2TB disks on the 1.2.0 software.
This will be adressed and should be fixed in 1.2.1.

PA, Excito
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

Hi
Is it now safe to make an upgrade of my Bubba2 or will I loose my Raid configuration?
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

Upgrading the existing system should not be of any concern regardless of the previous bug (that is resolved now with 1.2.1 release) since it only affected the creation of the RAID.

/PA
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

pa wrote:Hi,

Upgrading the existing system should not be of any concern regardless of the previous bug (that is resolved now with 1.2.1 release) since it only affected the creation of the RAID.

/PA
Ok Thanks :-)
ubbe

Post by ubbe »

This is no good.
I don't upgrade my Bubba as there isn't any large things happen whit this software but to v 1.2.4 i decided to update as Excito team says it will not destroy my Raid AGAIN.
First thing that happend is just that. Look in http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2063 but no response from bubba team.
Then my bubba go down and just start flashing.. Have to boot from usb and do a new install.
The nice and not working raid recovery tool cant get my files from other disk and now am i deep shit...
Now have i given the excitoteam free access to my bubba to recover raid but now sucsess yet.

I Cant recommend anyone to buy this concept. There is better solutions that not depends on a few people time and spirit. Better and faster hardware that don't use mutch energy, and lot of better and free software out there. I'm very disappointed about this.

This is my 5 cent
carl

Post by carl »

This issue is now resolved, and after investigating I think it's related to an earlier problem we had with 2TB installations, which resulted in that no swap space was ever created in the beginning, and thus when the system tries to allocate more memory than physically available, it wont get any, and the process in question will terminate and leave the setup in a bad state.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com