New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

PHP error when downloading torrent

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
wm.bubba

PHP error when downloading torrent

Post by wm.bubba »

I started downloading my torrent file on Wednesday 2nd September.

It was working away quite happily until sometime in the early hours of Wednesday (9th) morning. I noticed there was no network activity, so I booted my PC and logged into bubba to find an error message on the download page.

I rebooted bubba, the torrent download continued all day, but then sometime overnight I got the same error message again.

I have attached a screenshot, if anyone can help.
RobV

Re: PHP error when downloading torrent

Post by RobV »

Hi,

The issue and a solution have been discussed in the forum several times before.
Please check: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?p=6734#p6734
RobV
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

Thanks Rob.

I've had a quick read of the other posts on this subject.
Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon, but apparently not in version 1.2.1 (I've yet to upgrade) as you've indicated in your latest post.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi wm.bubba,

As i said to RobV, im sorry to hear that you still are experiencing problems with the downloader. We fixed quite some bugs in the latest release. But unfortunately it seems like there still are some left.

If this is a reproducible crash, IE it always happen with a specific torrent or when doing things in a specific way, we would really like you to contact us at support@excito.com.

As i said to RobV in the other thread, we don't experience these crashes when doing internal testing. Thus we either test it in the wrong way or with the wrong torrents. So any input in how to reliably getting it to fail is very valuable for us.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

Hi Tor,

Unfortunately I'm not sure I can be of any help. This is only the second Torrent I have downloaded using Bubba.

The first was 46GB in size and I had no problems with that one. This second download is 19GB in size, and ran without any problems for 6 days (~50% complete), then I got the error overnight. I rebooted Bubba and continued to download for the next 24 hours, same error again the following night. I rebooted once again, and have now continued to download for 4 days with no problems (~75% complete).

Both errors occured between midnight and 7am. Nothing else was running or accessing Bubba at that time. Would any logs show what was happening when the download error occurred? I'm more than happy to have a look if it would help.

Regards.